Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
deville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 95 deville 4.9L. It will the engine will just randomly shut off while driving it. Was getting code P041 for the cam shaft position module. Ended up replacing the entire distributor (it was what that called a drop in one as it had all internal sensors already in it) I no longer have any codes. It drive great for about a day and a half but now right back to the random shut offs. It will start right back up and no codes are being thrown on board or with a plug-in machine. Any help would be appreciated because I am beyond frustrated and just about done with this Cadillac....

95 deville 4.9L motor randomly shuts off but will start right back up. Distributor and all the internal sensors in the distributor have been replaced. Car doesn't stutter, backfire, etc. Throwing no codes. I'm at a loss, please help!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,449 Posts
shawnda, Welcome to CF !!! :highfive:

I have moved your two essentially identical threads from the wrong forums and merged them here in the 4.9 forum.

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
Does this happen with a full tank of fuel? Does it idle normal or very low? The ISC controls the idle and usually keeps it from stalling. Have you verified that it is working?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts