Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
(2) '81 FWBs, '86 Cutlass Supreme
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody tell me where my oil pressure switch/sensor, whatever you want to call it, is located on my '95 deville? I have one coming in tomorrow and need to get this thing out tonight hopefully so I can compare the thread sizes to find the right one. And could this thing be causing a massive oil leak?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I actually found it last night after looking at pics of the part online, but now how come the car won't stop dinging and telling me "low oil pressure"? I replaced the sensor today and the oil is up to the full line on the dipstick. It was tapping before I replaced the sensor, but that went away after a few minutes at idle. Can the oil pump be bad? I have no codes.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,630 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but I have to ask. Did you plug the new sensor in? Was the connector oily and grimy? If so, did you clean it?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plugged it in, but I didn't clean it. Maybe it's making a bad connection through the oil? I'll go clean it tonight and plug it back in, I actually unplugged it for work today because I couldn't stand the dinging, now I've got a bad valve tap that comes and goes as it pleases and honestly I don't know what to do next. I may just give up soon...I really don't think the oil is circulating and the only thing I could think is a bad oil pump, but I'm not that familiar with this motor.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cleaned it and no change. I dumped about a half pint of trans fluid in the throttle body and after the smoke cleared the tap was gone. I guess we'll see what's next after I drive it to work tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,630 Posts
the car won't stop dinging and telling me "low oil pressure"?
now I've got a bad valve tap
Not a good combination. That points to more than just a pressure switch. Better plumb a pressure gauge into the oil filter adapter and get a real oil pressure reading to know what you are up against.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. I drove it to work yesterday and it made it back, but I think this is it. I'm going to go clean all of my stuff out of it today. My wife is due in 3 weeks and it's time for something with a little less problems. I hate to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts