Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Cadillac STS. I have a special engine in it though. It is a 4.9L engine, but it has 32 valves. I have a Port and Polish done and I also have a performance cam in it. I recently bought a chip but I am having some problems so i sent it back and am awaiting my new chip. I am also looking into an exhaust system. For the exhaust i am getting 3" piping from the cat back to the muffler, which is going to be a Flowmaster, and 3" piping out and into my stock tips. I have it all set up with a mechanic and am getting it installed for just over $325. It runs 14.8 with the chip in and i want to dip it into the low 14s so i can rival the ever-so-popular LT1 engine, specfically with the Camaro Z28. Is there anything else that someone can recommend for other mod ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
kgjg8588,
You lost me! A 4.9 Liter with 32 valves? and one cam? How is this possible? Northstars were 4.6 liter and had 4 overhead cams for their 32 valves.

Pat

kgjg8588 said:
I have a 1992 Cadillac STS. I have a special engine in it though. It is a 4.9L engine, but it has 32 valves. I have a Port and Polish done and I also have a performance cam in it. I recently bought a chip but I am having some problems so i sent it back and am awaiting my new chip. I am also looking into an exhaust system. For the exhaust i am getting 3" piping from the cat back to the muffler, which is going to be a Flowmaster, and 3" piping out and into my stock tips. I have it all set up with a mechanic and am getting it installed for just over $325. It runs 14.8 with the chip in and i want to dip it into the low 14s so i can rival the ever-so-popular LT1 engine, specfically with the Camaro Z28. Is there anything else that someone can recommend for other mod ideas?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Oh yeah.... Man, you guys are lucky to have the infamous 32v 4.9..... I have never heard of a performance cam for any cadillac other than the LT1....

How did your mechanic check it out?? Did he look at the fake insignia on the back.......?

Anyway, check out www.caddyinfo.com for all the performance mods you can do, power per dollar, and power/torque output....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts