Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put straight 40wt. in the car, took a 500 mile trip, mostly xway, car ran like a clock but still knocking. Changed the oil to Rotella 15-40, plus added EOS from the Cadillac dealer. I replaced the EGR valve with the an original equipment one. Am preparing to take a 1500 mile trip through the mountains. Will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well. If I have a problem there's always U-HAUL.

Cob

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
hopefully it works for you as well as it did for me , if not you should make the trip fine , then once home you can look into going to the service style main bearing from gm

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
i think hes talking about the 4.9 thump , i think ive wrote him before on the subject , then again after a few coors my memeory gets funny

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
its all good , because i know theres no 4.9 abuse going on here ....everyone runs premium ......RIGHT ????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi again,

Took the Cadillac on vacation, 1500 mile trip through the mountains, car ran like a clock, except still knocking, even though I changed the oil to Rotella 15-40 together with EOS additive, replaced the EGR with original equipment, premium fuel was used also. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cob

·
Registered
305 Posts
Does the knock depend on the temperature of the engine? How is your ignition timing? EGR tubes inside throttle body? Vacuum lines fromth TB to the EGR solenoid and EGR valve?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts