Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 95 deville started sputtering real bad so i pulled the codes and gota cde for the ignition coil. well i changed the distributor,wires,rotor, spark plugs, and distributor cap, then after driving about half a mile it sputtered lightly. seems like when it warms up thats when it sputters. it shows no codes passed inspection with flying colors. i bought the distributor from autozone. do it sound like its a bad part. can a weak fuel pump cause these problems once the car warms?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,951 Posts
A weak pump would cause a problem at high fuel demands like WOT.

Anything from Autozone is suspect. Their parts are cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
It doesn't matter where you bought the distributor...they all sell the same Cardone brand that any other parts distributor would sell you, including the famed rockauto.

When you replaced the distributor, did you follow correct procedure to set the base timing?

·
Registered
1995 deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep timing is perfect.....drove it today bout 5 miles and it stopped......came back and drove it block to block it started sputtring lightly again....im lost to what it can b

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
yep timing is perfect.....drove it today bout 5 miles and it stopped......came back and drove it block to block it started sputtring lightly again....im lost to what it can b
Has your fuel filter ever been replaced? My '95 Deville with the 4.9 liter had a slight sputtering a year ago----i had everything you had replaced also---but i also had the fuel filter replaced.After all the new parts were installed---no more sputtering.I got most of my parts from autozone too.I`ve never had a problem with their parts yet.

·
Registered
1995 deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has your fuel filter ever been replaced? My '95 Deville with the 4.9 liter had a slight sputtering a year ago----i had everything you had replaced also---but i also had the fuel filter replaced.After all the new parts were installed---no more sputtering.I got most of my parts from autozone too.I`ve never had a problem with their parts yet.
thanks it was the fuel filter.......and yes all the part stores carry the same distributor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts