the question is how can you tell if the injectors need replaced
the mech said it needs them along with a fuel rail harness

and if the injectors are bad can you use just any injector
thanks for your time

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,573 Posts
If an injector is bad you should have an idle or performance problem. If the fuel rail is bad it will be leaking. No, you cannot just use any injector. Why does he say you need it replaced? What are your symptoms?

·
Registered
seville sts
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well when i got the car i drove it home and didnt have any problems the car drove smooth as glass but as soon as i shut it off went inside to grab something i went back out to the car and started it up
and then the car started smoking like you wouldnt beleive
it was like i turned on the james bond smoke screen or some thing
i turned it off and i firgured the head gasket blew
i checked the oil to see if it had water in it and then checked the raditor to see if there was oil in it and both looked good

i called a guy that said he was a cadillac mech and he did a conpression check and all cylinders are around 180lbs and he said that was good and he said that the smoke was caused by the insultion on the fuel rail harness being bad and where touching
he taped the wires up and it stopped smoking and said i needed to replace the injectors and fuel rail harness

but i dont know if he is right or not

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,573 Posts
The question is what did the "smoke" smell like? Oil, fuel or coolant? A head gasket rarely goes THAT fast and usually won't put coolant in the oil on a Northstar. From what you say it sounds like a wire grounded out at held an injector or more open and you where running extremely rich and what you where seeing was raw fuel vapor. I'd fix the wire and be done with it.

·
Registered
seville sts
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it smelled like fuel burning and looked to be a blueish color smoke and the tail pipe was dripping what looked to be condensation but of course it smelled like fuel to or i was just to smoke out to smell the difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts