Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
In 1982 they also had a 4.1 V/6 from the Buick family. Had little V/6 emblems on the fender below the body side molding. A one year only engine.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
Are you looking for parts for one, or are you trying to avoid it entirely?

·
Registered
1983 Fleetwood coupe
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to get a lower thermostat housing off of one. I was just wondering which years and models have the 4.1L V8 so when im calling around to salvage yards I can let them know which cars would be acceptable to have the parts I need. unfortunately the part it discontinued and no GM warehouses have it

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
carnut said:
In 1982 they also had a 4.1 V/6 from the Buick family. Had little V/6 emblems on the fender below the body side molding. A one year only engine.
4.1 V6 was available on rear drive Cadillacs from mid year 1980 model year, also 1981 and 1982. Fender emblems were " V6 4.1 " :)

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I happen to have a spare 4100...

Don't think I need the thermostat housing any more, so if you can't get one, I might be able to get you mine

Send me pictures of what you need

·
Registered
1983 Fleetwood coupe
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
until I can get pictures (in the shop) , if you follow the hose from the radiator to the thermostat I need the lower part of the housing, this goes into the intake and the water pump. its the piece the thermostat actually sits down in, not the piece the hose connects to. which would be considered the upper housing

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
And you'll need both new O rings on the pipe going from that housing to the intake manifold. And hope that pipe is not corroded.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I'll see what I can get off this weekend

Are there any other engine parts you need? The engine is still bolted to my '85 Coupe, so I can get anything in reach, within reason.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I'm sorry, but it looks like it is a no-go on the housing.

I never really looked at it before, but once I took the top of the housing off and and actually looked to the lower housing there are pieces missing. It looks liker there was a bolt on the right side (passenger side of housing), and the casting has cracked off there. Under the housing, the engine is gouged, so I think someone tried to pry it off with a screwdriver or something.

So... I guess that is even more vindication for me ditching that 4100 for a 307 Olds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts