Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 deville and the first symptom I had my car was going bad is I started it drove it for 5 minutes parked and restarted it and it started and stalled . It started again and I checked the voltage seemed fine so I drove it 20 min parked it 4 hours drove for another 30 min parkd it then I noticed it had a lil smoke coming from the manifold spark plug area. And before I noticed the smoke I was trying to get her home I felt the engine wasn't the same as it usually was and when I was at the stop sign the engine wasn't loud as it usually is and sounded low when it was idleing. Thought it was a spark plug . All the cables are in tach. So I looked at my car started to do some of the tune up repairs and the pvc value was fine according to the manual . So I went to the o2 sensor and the car was cold can't mess with that. So I noticed a weird smell and I noticed I have oil on top of my block , the one closes to the firewall. It looks like it was leaking out the holes. And I looked under the car and its a puddle of oil under my car it looks like its leaking from I belive the oil pan . Not the black one with the drain bolt. It looked like it was leaking along the gasket area. So since my spark plugs could be bad can I change my oil and repair the gasket problem. Also since one or two of the plugs could be bad how do you remove the spark plug cables and reroute them under the top of the block.. I have the manual on how it goes but it doesn't say how to take that plastic piece off that's connected to the wire. And lastly how do I fix the leak from the top part of the block and does the engine need to be retimed .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts