Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving home a few nights ago and i see this camaro weaving in and out of traffic, passes me and keeps doing it. i pull up to the light, and the cars that were in front of me turn left, so im next to the camaro. i gave it a little gas and stop, look over and the kid laughs! which pissed me off because i noticed as i pulled up he only had 1 chrome exhaust tip, v6.

light turns green and i hit it kinda hard, spun the tires a little, so does he. sad thing is, even though my car sucks off the line, i was slowly winning up untill 2nd, then i blew him away to 65 when i stopped, he was 2 cars back at least, did the ricer fly by. lined up with him going 65, let him get a jump on me when he had 1/2 a car i punched it, he didn't even get a whole car on me before i started gaining again, by 90 i had about a length on him

what gives? are these cars really that slow??? i know it was a v6 auto, but still i thought it would be kinda close. ive got a 4.0 aurora with 2.5" piping to dynomax superturbo mufflers, carsounds cat and k&n drop in, but 18x8's slowin me down. the 96 Tbird i raced a while ago was closer than this

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
The V6 camaros arent really that great...... What is the v6 camaro engine HP rating????

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Thats what I thought..... They had the 3800 series, right???

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
elwesso said:
Thats what I thought..... They had the 3800 series, right???
To my knowledge yes
same motor in the monte, GP, 200hp not much at all for that car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts