Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I just purchased a 2015 Escalade on Saturday, and I love it. When I fold the 3rd row, the seat does not lie all the way flat. It's almost as if it angles or slopes towards the tailgate. Is this normal, or should my seats lie flush/flat? My second row captains chairs are fully upright, and the incline occurs even when they are folded. I could have sworn the one I test drove had a cargo area that was flat and level. Please advise and thanks in advance :).

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
For ease of access? The designer must be a genius! It's a reinvention of the wheel.

·
Registered
Escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the helpful and quick advice. I really appreciate those of you chimed in with actual information. First time escalade owner so I wanted to make sure this was correct-- thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
Thanks so much for the helpful and quick advice. I really appreciate those of you chimed in with actual information. First time escalade owner so I wanted to make sure this was correct-- thanks again for your help.
I will have to admit…I was pretty surprised myself when I first put the seats down and realized that our definitions of "flat" were not the same. It is even more pronounced after I put a Weathertech mat back there...

·
Registered
2009 Avalanche, 2013 GL550
22 Posts
This issue has been discussed since 05/2014 under => "Removing third row seating?" Wow… 1 years already, still don't see many complain about the high slope floor, and the 3rd row seating. I assume that most of 2015 escalade owners are happy with new design !!!. The wait is over, I will get 2016 escalade when it available.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
wmong6551 said:
This issue has been discussed since 05/2014 under => "Removing third row seating?" Wow… 1 years already, still don't see many complain about the high slope floor, and the 3rd row seating. I assume that most of 2015 escalade owners are happy with new design !!!. The wait is over, I will get 2016 escalade when it available.
I'm glad it's a powered 3rd row vs removable one. So, no complaints here.

·
Registered
Escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol! I'm glad I'm not alone. It's not a major thing but had me questioning myself. Appreciate the info about the Weathertech lining. I pick up mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
162 Posts
Its flat as far a a straight edge goes but it is at a sloped angle to the rear. The angle is steeper on the short Escalade. You can tell they tried to compromise on the short version by lifting the lowest point at the rear.
When comparing an ESV to the shorter version the bottom edge is lower on the ESV. If they didn't lift the edge (and therefore making the rear opening smaller) the angle would be ridiculously steep on the short Escalade
If you are an owner post pics of the rear opening with hatch open.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade
115 Posts
Hello fellas... Not at all to be a Debbie downer, as I know I'm on a pro-GM forum here, and everyone loves their new bad-a$$ Escalades, me with my older one included. I have an '11, and I know they just added their "fold-flat" attempt to the new body style... Short wheelbase, or long.

However, one of the things GM just can't quite figure out, is fold flat. I have had 2 Expeditions, and a Navigator, and if you have any experience with those platforms at all, you'll agree, Ford gets it. In my particular olde Escalade copy, if I want that room for cargo, I have to manually remove the heavy & bulky 3rd row seats, and then I have big plastic mounts, and fixtures in the way, and still don't have a flat cargo surface. I think I've read, it's because the live rear axle, where the Ford platform has an independent rear suspension. It lends a much better ride, and the ability for a completely fold flat surface.

Too bad GM just can't quite figure it out, as I do really like a lot of the Escalade amenities. That's my .02¢.
RL

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Rick chi-town said:
Hello fellas... Not at all to be a Debbie downer, as I know I'm on a pro-GM forum here, and everyone loves their new bad-a$$ Escalades, me with my older one included. I have an '11, and I know they just added their "fold-flat" attempt to the new body style... Short wheelbase, or long. However, one of the things GM just can't quite figure out, is fold flat. I have had 2 Expeditions, and a Navigator, and if you have any experience with those platforms at all, you'll agree, Ford gets it. In my particular olde Escalade copy, if I want that room for cargo, I have to manually remove the heavy & bulky 3rd row seats, and then I have big plastic mounts, and fixtures in the way, and still don't have a flat cargo surface. I think I've read, it's because the live rear axle, where the Ford platform has an independent rear suspension. It lends a much better ride, and the ability for a completely fold flat surface. Too bad GM just can't quite figure it out, as I do really like a lot of the Escalade amenities. That's my .02¢. RL
Actually the solid rear axle allows us owners to extend the tires up to its maximum of 80k miles without much inner wear when towing unlike the independent rear.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Actually the solid rear axle allows us owners to extend the tires up to its maximum of 80k miles without much inner wear when towing unlike the independent rear.
1. Total BS. Back in the day I had an '00 EB Expo and a buddy of mine bought an '03 when they first came out. He ran that thing for a lot of miles before finally changing the sneakers. I do not remember the numbers, but significantly more than my live axle '00. …If you want to complain about that 5.4l boat anchor..have at it..

2. IRS should have been incorporated in the '07 900 platform. When GM lost its way in '08, this platform was left for the vultures. Instead of investing the time to reengineer for IRS, the rolled the dice and taadaa…rubes like you and I purchased '40s technology for '15 retail dollars!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
tyresmoker said:
1. Total BS. Back in the day I had an '00 EB Expo and a buddy of mine bought an '03 when they first came out. He ran that thing for a lot of miles before finally changing the sneakers. I do not remember the numbers, but significantly more than my live axle '00. …If you want to complain about that 5.4l boat anchor..have at it.. 2. IRS should have been incorporated in the '07 900 platform. When GM lost its way in '08, this platform was left for the vultures. Instead of investing the time to reengineer for IRS, the rolled the dice and taadaa…rubes like you and I purchased '40s technology for '15 retail dollars!

As I recall the LX570 has a solid rear axle and nobody complains. The FFRR has independent rear suspension but it is not known for towing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
As I recall the LX570 has a solid rear axle and nobody complains. The FFRR has independent rear suspension but it is not known for towing.
Very true, but a host of electronics in the spring package compensate for the set-up. IRS would also take out the "rake" all of the new bodies prominently display….It is funny, the last GM car I had (30 years ago), I added the rake, with air shocks….ahhhh the 80's!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts