Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Silver CTS V, Custom CAM, B&B Headers & pipes, K&N cai
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body had this happen.....I have had 2 races this week and when rpms are around 6500 Im getting blocked out of third gear??? I thought the first time I missed my shift because I was racing a 1970 ss 454!! close race even when I missed gear, luckly still pulled off after engine reved and had to make time up in 4th, but it happen again yesterday!! is this a trans problem or a gate in the shifter???

Thanks for any help,

Dean

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
C5 Corvettes are notorious for having a "nether reigon" between 1st and 3rd, where it feels like you're in 3rd but you're actually still in Neutral. It stands to reason that since we've got the the same Tremec T-56 and LS6 that the problem applies to us to.

I've never experienced this since I'm a very deliberate shifter, but that's probably the issue.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, I never had this problem before, I was wondering if I'm just shifting to fast now and not being as deliberate in my shifts, just funny it happen twice in row! it was quite embarrising since we were about 2 feet apart and his windows were down, Im sure he knew from the loud rpm's that I missed the gear, I was almost a sitting duck for him, luckly panic set in and went rite to 4th....maybe I need an automatic..hehe:tisk:

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
Maybe its time for an aftermarket shifter. :dumbbells: + :burn: = Dean400hp

·
Registered
523 Posts
This happens to me once in a while.
IT only happens when you want to put 3rd very fast. if you rev it up and slowly put it in it lets it in.

but hell sometimes reverse doesn't go in, sometimes 1st is a pain(at slow speeds ofcourse)

the dealer always fixes it but it only lasts 1 or two months, very annoying.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was funny Jon-when are we all going to meet up ! since I missed the first time :)

What can the dealer do to fix this? I dont think I want any more after market parts,now that we have collector cars....hehe

Dean

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
That was funny Jon-when are we all going to meet up ! since I missed the first time :)

What can the dealer do to fix this? I dont think I want any more after market parts,now that we have collector cars....hehe

Dean
The real funny part is that this little guy :burn: actually barks third, instead of missing it.

The dealer may replace the tranny. I've owned and driven a few T56 cars. I've never seen what you're talking and I have had lots of problems. Just make sure you're putting the clutch pedal to the floor when you shift. If nothing else just granny shift into third. It might be a little slower but atleast it'll go.

Jon

Oh yeah, what happened to getting there before we left? Maybe if you get the shifting issue worked out you can still leave and make it there on time.:getaway:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts