Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
61 Posts
Uh... not to be short with you or anything, but this is your first post, so we don't have any idea what the problem is that you are trying to fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The 3rd brake light on my trunk has gone out, I replaced the whole led light and still have nothing.
2008 CTS I do not know if it is a wiring issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Checked both light with a 12v and they light up. Checked the relays behind the fuse box and there is no relay for the stop lamp I am assuming there was never one there. Checked all fuses and they are fine. Any more ideas?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-4, Sedan,Tuscan Bronze
388 Posts
Start by using a 12v test light first at the plug that goes into the stop lamp and work backwards from there if there isn't any power at the plug. I would suggest
using a digital test light. The common analog ones could possibly cause computer damage.

·
Registered
09 CTS DI FE3
416 Posts
Any luck on the third brake light? Mine failed inspection, tested the light, works fine, but there's no power coming to the light itself. I have no idea where it's supposed to be coming from as there's no relay's or fuses with the right labels for third brake light. I tested the stop light relay, but I don't think that's it as even when I shorted the connectors for it nothing happened and stepping on the brake didn't energize that relay. Any ideas? My next guess is it's the harness in the trunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone has answers I'd love the help also. My 3rd brake light and license plate lights stopped working together so I am sure it's a fuse issue but none of the fuses are labeled for it and I've checked all light related fuses

·
Registered
2011 CTS performance mdl 3.6L FE5
186 Posts
You might check the ground for the trunk lid. With both lights out that would make me think it's something like a ground that has come loose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts