Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran into an issue like mine or am I special? (More then my wife tells me),

so I touch my brake pedal, my left signal comes on and stays solid, (in park) now while driving , press brake pedal the tcm, exclamation mark, and left turn signal stays solid on(all lights off when pedal not pressed), now, here’s the trifecta! Lights on , I cannot pull car out of gear!!
only thing I noticed is I do not have a3rd brake light working,

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,110 Posts
You're definitely special! :p Sounds like there's some serious electrical issue, but I couldn't begin to tell you where it's likely to be. I guess I would suggest starting with checking all of the major grounds - I know on the CTS-V there are a couple that have to have good, clean contact or you start getting erroneous indications like the high oil temp alarm. I'm not sure if the V6 cars are the same, but on the V there's a main chassis ground connection on the passenger strut tower right by the hood prop - that's the most common culprit for issues. And then there are chassis-to-engine grounds.

Unbolt the ring terminals, clean them up, maybe scuff up the surface with some light sanding to remove any contamination, use star washers to get better contact at the ground point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts