Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the 3m tape for the Clear Bra for the v bumper. Anyone have a clear bra on their CTS? Is the install a bitch? How long did it take?

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
I know that poster CIWS has a clear bra on his V. It looks great...barely noticeable. I don't think he installed it himself, though--but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the bumper have to come off to do this? (i know i should of asked b4 i got it)

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
nope, the front doesnt HAVE to come of. and you CAN do it yourself but it is a bit of a pain.
I would recommed getting some Dawn dish soap and wash the front end down. Dawn has a hi PH and will strip the wax off the car and gives you a pretty clean surface to put the 3M bra onto.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS
167 Posts
Can u do it yes,and its pre cut to put on with the bumper left on,but the CTS and CTS V bumpers are one of the more difficult ones self install. How much did u pay??? and from where???

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can u do it yes,and its pre cut to put on with the bumper left on,but the CTS and CTS V bumpers are one of the more difficult ones self install. How much did u pay??? and from where???
I got it on ebay from chipguardman. The guy was very helpful. They only have the hood and side mirror 3m tape listed, but i contacted him and he said he could do the CTS-V bumper for an extra $30. Total cost was $100 shipped.

I heard that someone who knows how to tint windows would be the ideal person to get to install this thing? Any ideas how much it would cost me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts