Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2010 CTS Sportwagon Premium 3.6 AWD
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I had my S60R, front lip options were basically limited to $600 carbon pieces (of which I destroyed one in a ditch), so it was pretty common for guys to find some cheap alternative. What we found over there is that the Subaru WRX/STI lips are really generically shaped, and so they fit on a bunch of different cars. Plus, being that they are so common and easy to find, they're cheap as dirt. I decided to test and see if one would fit on the CTS.

Here's what I bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-06-07-Impreza-WRX-STI-Sedan-Outback-Wagon-S204-Front-Bumper-Lip/222021760953?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Prices vary, but anything for an 06-07 WRX would fit I imagine. Just be aware that if it has flaps on the side, they might not conform to the CTS bumper as well. That's why I went with the flat side lip.

It comes basically ready to go. My bumper was pretty tore up underneath, so finding places to drill mounting holes where shit wasn't cracked took a little searching, but in the end I could pretty much use all of the holes that came pre-drilled in the lip.

Pulled off the broken plastic under the front bumper, including the destroyed front valance. I think you could probably mount this with the valance still on, but it's hard to say. Might be worth trying. Standard lip installation steps applied. Just lined it up with a jack and jack stands after I put the car on ramps. The center mounting hole just lines up with the crease in the front bumper, makes centering it painless.

Once it's centered you'll see how much you have to trim on either side. You can kind of see in the photo, I had to chop about 1.5" to 2" off either side. Just hack sawed it and cleaned up the edges with some sandpaper.

From there it's just drilling and bolting. The lip comes with some self-tapping screws but they weren't really long enough, plus I have found they tend to pull out over time. So I just grabbed some spare hardware I had sitting around bolted it on with some lock nuts. Just make sure it's staying lined up as you work out to the edge mounting it. Mount it all loose at first and then tighten everything down.

Boom. $35 and 30 minutes later and you've got a front lip.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

The other WRX lip you find on eBay will also fit with some adjustments via hacksaw.

Not as clean as the first one, but another option if you're interested.

Registered
Love it both ways!! Really adds a touch of muscle to the front end. Quick question about your headlights. Could you elaborate on them? Are they modified stock or aftermarket? Like the black background. Lastly, your Niche's are perfect for this car!! So nice in so many ways.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Love it both ways!! Really adds a touch of muscle to the front end. Quick question about your headlights. Could you elaborate on them? Are they modified stock or aftermarket? Like the black background. Lastly, your Niche's are perfect for this car!! So nice in so many ways.
Thanks! Yeah I love how it amplifies the low, aggressive front end.

Headlights are Perde aftermarket. I'm on the fence about them. You lose the AFL functionality and then get a code on start up because of it. I like the looks of them, and the high-beams are a big improvement, which is nice because I usually take back roads on my way home at night. The right one gets a little condensation in it though, which is annoying. I imagine they both will start to get condensation over time. I still have my stock headlights, but the one cover is cracked from winter.

And thanks for the compliment on the wheels too!

Registered
Thanks for these options. I was looking for a front lip like this to at a little something to the front of my CTS. Didn鈥檛 want to get that rubber garage seal option they have all over the place. This looks better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts