Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my new CAI. This is the prototype...they have a few ideas of ways to make it better. I am going back this weekend to see what they come up with to make this more efficient. After the install and tune dyno tune, I went from 323rwhp to 338rwhp. It was way to hot out to do many more runs. Started getting those ridicules 313rwhp fuel dump runs. 342-345 is where they expect the current setup to max at. Next is the ported TB and intake manifold...

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Here are a few pics of my new CAI. This is the prototype...they have a few ideas of ways to make it better. I am going back this weekend to see what they come up with to make this more efficient. After the install and tune dyno tune, I went from 323rwhp to 338rwhp. It was way to hot out to do many more runs. Started getting those ridicules 313rwhp fuel dump runs. 342-345 is where they expect the current setup to max at. Next is the ported TB and intake manifold...

Looks very nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I waiting patiently to see what they come up with as a final design for his CAI :D
He wants the filter angled in more towards the grill...we will see if that helps Josie breath better. It is very apparent that the stock box inhibits breathing.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Looks good and it's good to see your numbers up there again!

The only problem I have with it is the engine compartment gets a bit warm and it would be nice to put a box around it.

Ported throttle body and a new intake, please keep the rest of us LS2 (Truck motor for the BJ type's) guy's posted, curious on the gains.

BTW, who is porting the TB for you and what intake did you go with?

Maybe Port the heads, Cam, Headers... Man I sure love this motor!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Looks great but I would think you are pulling alot of hot air with that setup. Is there a plan to box off that filter to limit it to cold outside air?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry...i forgot to add that. He will be adding a box around it. Another thing that will go is the 6" metal insert. It was conducting too much heat. The air temp started at 111* then went up to 143* at the end of the run.
The ported TB and intake should take me above 350rwhp. (they will port your TB and intake for $300) I really want to respect my warranty and stay away from a cam but i'm pretty much the only LS2/3 that he works on thats not cam'd. I always feel like a little bitch when i pull up...all these C6 Vetts and 06-07 ZO6's that have cams sound bad ass.
His end goal is to have a few bolt on parts for the V that will take it to 350-375rwhp and not void the warranty.
I'm just glad to be out of the 320's rwhp range. That was embarrassing...a lot of crap i took from the LS6 guys.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Points for color-matching the air filter and the FRCs.
Not sure what increase you are looking for with the CAI and tune, but I think 80+% of your gain will come from the tune. Seen many good tuners pull 25RWHP from a Stock V. IIRC, no one has posted stock dyno vs. cai w/o tune.

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
I agree, the stock box modded, gets plenty of air. I heard you cant port a stock ls6/ls2 intake manifold....its composite.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, the stock box modded, gets plenty of air. I heard you cant port a stock ls6/ls2 intake manifold....its composite.
Not to sure about that...i know they do it for the Vettes. The LS2 Vette will usually gain about 8-12rwhp with TB and intake manifold. The LS2 responds well to mods.

http://www.vette-air.com/ Go to the bottom of the page for the TB/intake manifold

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
IIRC, no one has posted stock dyno vs. cai w/o tune.
Close to stock had Corsa + RT Cats, dyno'd. Then installed LPE, and dynod again 2 weeks later.

Results:

9 Rwhp
3 Rwtq

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/56069-lpe-cai-dyno-results-before-after.html

I agree that you aren;t going to get a lot from a CAI alone. Once you start pairing it up with other mods (headers, ported TB, intake manifold, etc.), it will add more gains.

BTW Whister, looks good. Points to you for rolling your own.

-Chris

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before anyone talks sh*t i know I accidentally typed CIA instead of CAI...no need for ball busting 'cause I beat you to it! :alchi:

·
Registered
Platinum 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
301 Posts
Looks good Whisler... (nice numbers 2)... and i like the FRCs... (damn i need to get some.)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V Black;08 Yukon Denali
276 Posts
:poke:
It's Ok Whisler, you are a Marine and I know I have to cut you some slack.

:salute:

Whisler - I may have missed this, but where are you having the work done? Sounds like you like/trust these guys...

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Quality Motorsports (pretty sure that's the name) in Lewisville. The place we had a meet up in July that was having their grand opening. A former 21st Century Musclecars tech started his own place. Specializing in Corvettes, and Corvette / GM based vehicles. The owner is supposed to be buying a 05 CTS-V for himself he's going to modify. Which will be good for us if he does. :)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, Quality Motorsports in Lewisville. Those guys are great. In Sept I'll have them bore my TB and intake manifold...I will post the results...they are doing that for under three hundred bucks.
I will find out when the next BBQ they are having is and organize a DFW V meet around it...as long as that damn Lambo doesn't steal our thunder. Its hard for anything to look good next to him...poor Ken...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts