Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer yesterday and was asked if I wanted the 30K maintenance. They said it costs $750. I'm wondering if it is really necessary as I have always skipped it with other cars without any problems. It seems to be replacing fluids and a lot of inspections. Am I missing something here? I always change the fluids at the proper intervals and inspect cars regularly.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
Yea, goood question...... I have 25,000 miles in my ride right now... Im looking into doing something like this too

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
Traditionally the dealers really reap the profits from these so called "services"

I'd just follow the owners manual and have a local mechanic do whatever is called for. If you feel better having a cadillac dealership perform the work I certainly respect that but don't follow the service writers recommendation..

Its a huge profit center for the dealership.

GM makes these cars pretty much "change the oil" and go scenerios...

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
Skip the "30K mile maintenance" and put the $750 towards the loan (if you have one of course). You would be better off.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Instead of pissing your money away on a $750 phony service, why not invest $120 at www.helminc.com on a genuine Factory Service Manual and find out what you are really supposed to do?
I'll save the $120 and just reap the benefits of this fine forum!

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
To answer your question, ABSOLUTLEY NOT. You would literally be paying $750 for an oil change and to have your tires rotated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts