Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently upgraded the stock 17" wheels with 22" wheels and chose 305 45 22 for the tires. I know that they are slightly taller than the originals, and it slows down the speedo slightly. I am wondering if the computer function that displays fuel economy is inacurate now, because it indicates that I have lost about 2mpg highway. I used to average about 17.2 mpg and now it's only about 15.1 mpg. It seems like a BIG loss just for going with 22's and a taller tire. Any accurate info would be GREAT

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Stock tire diameter is 31.60" , the tires you installed are 32.80". At 60 mph on your speedo you are really going 57.80 mph. You gas mileage decrease is due to the weight of pushing larger and heavier wheels and tires.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man,they must really be heavier to cause all of that. maybe I should have sprung for forged wheels. Actually, no one really makes a nice forged wheel, as 99% of all custom wheels are cast. Bummer

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Most high end wheels are forged, if you live or drive in an area with pot holes you should get forged wheels, 22" wheels and under you should be fine, but 24's and 26's you do not have much air in the tires to protect your wheels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts