Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the factory 3.6l dual exhaust fit the 3.2l? Also does it have to be modifide?..Plus what all has to be replaced on the stock 3.2L from the 3.6L

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the factory 3.6l dual exhaust fit the 3.2l? Also does it have to be modifide?..Plus what all has to be replaced on the stock 3.2L from the 3.6L

Thanks Guys
Yes it will work. The mod requires an additional hanger at the rear. You may have to cut the rear bumper for the new tip. You will have to cut the pipes up front similar to the V exhaust to a 3.6. Good for some HP and yet very quiet.:)

It should cost about $100 for a used exhaust and about $75 to install. A Corsa or Borla run about $1000.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies..One last question..How loud is the Borla as compared to the factory dual system?

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The Borla is not 'loud' but it does have a nice throaty rumble, which suits a Cadillac very well. I've gotten to where I can barely hear it from inside the car. If you want a similar sound from the much more inexpensive 3.6 exhaust, do it the WildWhl way. Drill a half inch hole on the top of each muffler, and pull out about half of the fiberglass roving. Then put a small metal push plug ($0.50 at Lowes), to plug the hole, before mounting the system.

The 3.6L exhaust has the rear O2 sensors at the very front of the exhaust pipes where they connect to the Cats. The 3.2 has them on the exit of the Cats, so you'll need to plug the holes in the 3.6 exhaust. It may bolt right on, but if it doesn't, you simply cut the pipes before the resonator and splice them into your new exhaust. They both have 2" pipes to the resonator.

·
Registered
'03 CTS - 3.2L
64 Posts
I couldn't find a thread that had the variation of this question that I have.

The thread mentions it's possible to put in the 3.6L exhaust on a 3.2 with some adjustments.

What's the difference between the V exhaust and the 3.6? Does a 3.2 get the same benefits with V exhaust?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I couldn't find a thread that had the variation of this question that I have.

The thread mentions it's possible to put in the 3.6L exhaust on a 3.2 with some adjustments.

What's the difference between the V exhaust and the 3.6? Does a 3.2 get the same benefits with V exhaust?
The V exhaust is larger in diameter than your 3.2. The downside is the exhaust gases slow down and cool a bit. This reduces the scavaging action.
At best you won't lose any HP.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
Ok, I'm in :bouncy:

anyone know where I can get a cheap V exhaust in Montreal :hmm:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Typical price is $50-$100 for a V exhaust but you have to pick it up as its to big to ship. Install typically is about $75. The CTS-V tips are really HOT!! E&G charges about $80 for tips alone. Not sure about MPG but another member has done it so maybe they can chime in??

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Typical price is $50-$100 for a V exhaust but you have to pick it up as its to big to ship. Install typically is about $75. The CTS-V tips are really HOT!! E&G charges about $80 for tips alone. Not sure about MPG but another member has done it so maybe they can chime in??
Dang, You're almost as smart as Koz.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts