Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are plenty of posts regarding the x pipe on here, ive searched quite a few of them and have not come up on an answer for my question yet. Ive got a 3.6 2006 w/ a V-Exhaust. I am looking to upgrade the V-exhaust merely for sound nothing else, if i gained a few horses so be it, probably wouldn't notice it anyways. I have contacted numerous exhaust shops today looking for the magnaflow xpipe, and none have had them in, yet a few shops have mentioned that they could make one for me. Is this a viable option considering I really want to get sound out of this piece? Or will the magnaflow give me better sound as well?

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
Hi.

I might be missing your point, but if you just want more sound, just swap out those stock V mufflers for Magnaflow mufflers or some other louder mufflers.

Heck, seeing that you have the stock V resonator in place keeping things a little quieter, you may just want to replace your stock V mufflers with straight pipe! Others have done this and said it was NOT too grossly loud.

Am I missing your point/question?

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not necessarily, except that i am on a budget with this for now. And not your fault I forgot to mention it in the initial post. But yes, going with some mufflers is definitely a plan in the future, mufflers or not, I will still want to go with an x-pipe. More so my question is though, is the magnaflow really going to offer me better sound now, as opposed to one a muffler shop makes for me on the spot? Ah and as to the mention of straight pipe replacing the mufflers, wouldnt that effect emissions? Being in California, cant mess around , much with anything that effect emissions.

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
Definitely do NOT let the muffler shop make you an X-pipe. Its not an easy piece to do. It has to have enough volume and smooth internal transitions to flow well and the welds have to be superb all around it. Get the Magnaflow X-pipe. Summit sells them on E-bay and on Summitracing.com.

Emissions? - Nah. I live in Los Angeles county and straight pipes do not produce any more emissions than mufflers - just more noise.

The smog police are not supposed to care if anything is changed AFTER the cats. I know some can be [email protected]#ks, but the mufflers are so far back, emissions are not an issue.

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
360 exactly the answers i was looking for, well ill be out tomorrow morning seeing what options, straight piping is becoming an interesting prospect as the day goes on. I have here around Anaheim. If i get anything done ill let you know how it sounds! Thanks

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aideneverett- I believe I would need the 2.5" not the 2.25 being that I have the V Exhaust installed which is 2.5. Correct?

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
NiMedina.

That's correct - you'd need the 2.5 (not the 2.25) X-pipe with the V exhaust.

If you do the X-pipe (and NO resonator), do NOT go with the straight pipes out the back though. It would be WAY too loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts