Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Platinum CTS-V
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be a stupid question, but are there any visual indications that would distinguish a 3.6 V6 from a 3.6 DI model? My CTS-V is at the dealer this week getting some service, and they gave me a 2008 CTS for a loaner car. I'm trying to figure out which one I have? My assumption is that it is the lesser of the two since it's a loaner, but I don't know for sure. If it is the base model then it is definitely quicker than I would have expected!

By the way, I really like the new design of the car - both inside and out! The interior is a huge upgrade over the previous generation CTS, and the ride is fantastic. The only negative that was immediately apparent to me is that the rear window is smaller, resulting in significant reduction in rear visibility for the driver as compared to the pre-2008 models. But after a few days in the car I have already gotten used to it.

·
Registered
'05 Platinum CTS-V
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be a badge on the decklid that says Direct Injection if its the DI version.

Thanks for the info. As I suspected, I do not have the DI version. I'll have to test drive one to see the difference.

Can't wait to see the new V next year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts