Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice there SRX lossing power. My wifes 07 SRX 3.6 just lost power one day after the check engine light came on. I am assuming it was the cam timing advancement that stopped working. Is this chain related, or sensor related?

Please help, this is a salvage vehicle I repaired, so warranty = me doing the work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'08 SRX V6
542 Posts
May well be the dreaded chain stretch, since it's an '07.
But, it could also be something causing it to go into "limp" mode, reducing the timing/power for safety. Is the CE light on all the time? Can you get a scanner and read & post the codes? I think the chain failures usually set a valve timing code.

DG

·
Registered
2004 Seville/2008 SRX
50 Posts
I had a cam sensor failure on my 08 with no loss of power. Dealer found problem on the codes when CE light came on and stayed on. Dealer claimed that they had to shim cam shaft to reduce end play to correct the problem. I have no idea what the actually did. Good luck.

·
Registered
07' SRX
7 Posts
I have the same car.

I also have had a loss of power over the past few weeks intermittenly. the code from last week was P0007. Then the CEL cleared itself. Yesterday it came back on with a loss of power again. This time I have a different code that I can't even find on odbii.com. The code is P0000. I will be sheduling a service visit for sure.

Anyone have any ideas what this might mean?

·
Registered
'08 SRX V6
542 Posts
Couldn't find anything on P0000 in the '08 service manual.
Lowest number referenced was P0008, which is of course the dreaded chain-stretch code.
What is P0007?

DG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts