Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of curious. As a long time SRX /CtS owner had posted about leaving the mark on my next car.
My dealer talked me into a test drive of a 2015 3.6 Luxury. Having just test driven Hyundai Genesis and
Lexus GS 350 they were fresh in my mind and all vehicles were AWD with 300 + HP engines. As part of the drives I buried the pedal. On HDai and Lexus there was an immediate and spirited response with a nice 'growl'. On the CTS it was like stepping in a hole. There was a period of no response and then things kicked in a bit.
This immediately reminded me of my 2012 SRX. From new when you stepped on things It was a delayed
response. Kind of like it had to find a gear (which it probably was) and then you would kind of lurch forward. Initially I was going to talk to my dealer about it but then figured it was the nature of the beast.
Never thought much about it until being surprised to experience this on 2015 CTS which should have a lot more
hp. Maybe a function of RPM curve but thinking more likely tranny?
Just wondered about this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,
I know I have been bashing the new CTS and had not considered this acceleration 'lag' since I had not driven the 2015 3.6. So yes,
CUE, run flats, are negatives for me. Price is primary issue.
Another issue believe or not is scarcity. They have slowed production for the CTS so it is hard to find much color option selection (at
least in Midwest) for 3.6 Luxury.
Funny article I found along these lines:
http://autoblopnik.com/2014/08/29/gm-explains-slow-ats-cts-sales/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts