Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cel came on a few months ago and one of my cats are bad on my 05 with 122k miles... I will be adding a x pipe plus the dual in out magnaflow muffler... So I'm thinking of getting hi-flows ... I've searched and can't find a consistent answer.. Will hi flow cats keep my cel light on? I'm thinking about going the universal route... Anybody with different cats care to help? Part numbers would be awesome... Also in a related question... Will A universal x pipe on eBay be the the same as a magnaflow x pipe?? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anything out of spec will throw a cat efficiency code I believe. Only thing to get rid of it would be a custom tune. I would look into some exhaust videos for a CTS, with the type of cat back you're looking to make, stock cats might resonate out some of the rasp. As far as the eBay X Pipe being the same as magnaflow, I think the only difference could be center diameter. I would compare the dimensions between the two. Sometimes when it comes to exhaust stuff like that, you pay for weld quality and durability, not just brand name. And trust me from personal experience do not go with cheap universal high flow cats. Get a good name brand. The dirt cheap eBay cats are cheap fiberglass strand packed cats. My last one last barely a month, and just so happened I wanted it cut off and it was already bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I'll go with universal non hi flows... 100 bones from magnaflow... What did the shop charge you to put yours on? I was quoted 350!!!! I think that's a bit much

·
Registered
2007 CTS | 2012 CTS-V Coupe | 93 Mustang GT
31 Posts
Hevenz, send a PM to a guy named RCVW, he's active on the forum and he has a pair of Magnaflow 99205HM on his car. At one point his exhaust consisted of 2.5 inch pipes with the 2 cats i just described, a resonator delete and 2 Borla Atak muffles. Read his comments on this thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...420-catalytic-converter-code.html#post3212487

I'm also fairly certain the Magnaflow cats are not just OEM replacements but rather hi-flo's but I would call their tech line just to confirm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts