Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2/2004 GTO/2004 GMC Yukon
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to do spark plugs on a customer's 05 CTS this Saturday. Side job at my house. I went to the dealer on Friday to grab the plugs and the plenum gasket and the parts guy said there was 2 different plugs available. I gave him the VIN and he still couldn't determine which plugs were it. He had 15 of one in stock and had 1 of the other, so I bought 6 and kept my fingers crossed. Any of you guys who have done this job buy dealer plugs and if so, determine which ones were correct. Don't want to get her car apart and not have the right parts to finish. I suppose I could hit another dealer but figured I ask here first.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2/2004 GTO/2004 GMC Yukon
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Many thanks to Rippy for his help on this...... If you are going to use the factory plugs for replacements, the dealer parts guy has to call GM with your VIN # and they can tell which of the 2 available plugs came in your car. Turns out I got lucky and got the right ones the first time. The alternative is to get the car apart and pull the plugs and go to the dealer hoping they have 6 in stock for you.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
it sounds like there was just a part change part way through production, just like the valve cover gaskets.
it probably doesnt matter which of the 2 plugs you use.
for this car i would only use OEM plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts