Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what year catera? and what year 3.6L motor are you trying to use? better yet, exactly what are you trying to do with your car?
I have the 3 litre engine from a Catera (it's known as an X30XE here in the UK) in a FWD configuration, I was looking to find out if the 3.6 would bolt to the Catera gearbox which will have the same bolt pattern as my FWD gearbox, my car is very very compact so I'd need to retain my current gearbox and swap out the motor if possible

·
Registered
NONE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what year catera? and what year 3.6L motor are you trying to use? better yet, exactly what are you trying to do with your car?
Hi, I did reply but posted a photo so I guess it never came out of the moderation queue, I can't PM you either as I haven't bee registered long enough

I have the Catera's X30XE engine (that's what it's called here in the UK) in a FWD arrangement in a very very compact car, I've been toying with the idea of trying to fit the 3.6, as I have very little room in my engine bay I though the best way would be to retain my current gearbox and swap out the motor, any gearbox that will fit the Catera's X25/X30 XE should fit my FWD gearbox

·
Registered
NONE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres a detailed back of the catera engine... I doubt a catera gearbox will hook up but who knows. Adapters can be made.
Cheers for the photo Mike, I have that engine already installed, a photo of the CTS engine or gearbox bolt pattern is what I need really

A spacer plate would be nigh on impossible in my installation unfortunately, there's 10-15mm space between the engine and the chassis rail and even less on the gearbox side, a custom bell housing would be ideal but spendy! Just out of interest what's the going rate for a 3.6 CTS engine (say 2003/2004)? I've seen them on ebay for $1100

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Keep us updated on this! I would be interested to see a 3.6 in there! I bet that thing would scream with a 3.6!

Also, fix your damn hood so your rig doesnt look so riced out! :hide:

·
Registered
NONE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep us updated on this! I would be interested to see a 3.6 in there! I bet that thing would scream with a 3.6!

Also, fix your damn hood so your rig doesnt look so riced out! :hide:
I need the lump so the bonnet clears the front plenum, I might swap it out for the Catera 3 litre inlet/plenums in the short term to solve it. I'm doing a remote turbo conversion on the 3 litre at the moment which should give me around 250bhp but I'd rather the 250bhp N/A from the 3.6 as a base :)

There are few companies in the UK who will make bespoke tranny adapter plates, I'll just have to shave a few millimeters off something to fit it!!

Cheers for your help everyone, I'll keep an eye on some motors on ebay :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts