Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it was a 2k2 with the 3.5 6speed. i know for sure it was the SE, and it had the clear oem type tails, HID headlights, both signs of a 2002 or 2003, and it had the SE emblem, all SE's had the 6 speed. so yeah, i got beat, fastest production maxima of all the years i think.

from a role, i got a little jump on him, started about a 1/4 car, he soon had a 1/2 car on me. but traffic stoped us. pulled up to the light, put it in 1 (so it would shift a little later and harder) turned on the performance shift, traction off. i had him up to about 20 then he started pulling really fast, he took off kinda slow. i got the jump, but we were even when i shifted, pulled pretty constantly on me, couldn't get to high because of traffic again

besides the ls1 i was joking with, this is the first time i lost in a while, since the 5speed SHO when my car was stock.......sucks

i feel a little better knowing it was the 3.5, maybe ill look for a 3.0 that'd be a close race.

just makes me want a faster car, oh well

btw modded 4.0 northstar, intake/exhaust/autobahn
 

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
Joined
·
11,694 Posts
SE's come with Automatics too, at least the 03s did. I know because I almost bought a used 03 that was automatic...since well... i pretty much refuse to drive a stick right now.

Dubya said:
i think it was a 2k2 with the 3.5 6speed. i know for sure it was the SE, and it had the clear oem type tails, HID headlights, both signs of a 2002 or 2003, and it had the SE emblem, all SE's had the 6 speed. so yeah, i got beat, fastest production maxima of all the years i think.

from a role, i got a little jump on him, started about a 1/4 car, he soon had a 1/2 car on me. but traffic stoped us. pulled up to the light, put it in 1 (so it would shift a little later and harder) turned on the performance shift, traction off. i had him up to about 20 then he started pulling really fast, he took off kinda slow. i got the jump, but we were even when i shifted, pulled pretty constantly on me, couldn't get to high because of traffic again

besides the ls1 i was joking with, this is the first time i lost in a while, since the 5speed SHO when my car was stock.......sucks

i feel a little better knowing it was the 3.5, maybe ill look for a 3.0 that'd be a close race.

just makes me want a faster car, oh well

btw modded 4.0 northstar, intake/exhaust/autobahn
 

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
Dubya said:
just makes me want a faster car, oh well
I know how that is... today I floored it from a light and a van in the next lane went faster than I did.. I did have 8 people in the car, but still I should beat a van.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
davesdeville said:
I know how that is... today I floored it from a light and a van in the next lane went faster than I did.. I did have 8 people in the car, but still I should beat a van.
Don't you love comfortably fitting 8 in a sweet ass car and not doing it with a mini van of some sort? Ah good ol' cadillacs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the concours has the 300hp northstar right? ive got the 250hp 4.0 :( modded, but high miles, 134k

a g35 sedan should have a slight edge, you'd think, good kill! i think they had 265hp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Devil_concours said:
That's weired. I ran a friend of mine with g35 sedan on the highway and i walked him little by little.
I don't know the actual specs on the g35 sedan, but i know the G35 sport coupe has 287hp and the sedan weighs more than the sport coupe. It's got the 3.5 liter v6 and it's not as tuned for performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 01's have a 3.0 i think. i think id be a close race against a 01-02 auto 3.0, but the 3.5....to much for the aurora
 

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
Joined
·
113 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
I don't know the actual specs on the g35 sedan, but i know the G35 sport coupe has 287hp and the sedan weighs more than the sport coupe. It's got the 3.5 liter v6 and it's not as tuned for performance.
The G35 coupe has 280 the Z has 7 more HP. Also the coupe weight is the same if not slighty more than the the sedan. Both run identical times in the 1/4 of 14.2 in 6 speed even though the coupe has 20 more hp but the sedan in auto run's in the high 14's while the coupe in auto runs in the mid 14's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
As a owner of a 2003 Maxima Se 6 speed and a 2001 Cadillac DTS, I can honestly say that my 3.5 Max is noticably faster. I'm a huge Nissan follower and know all specs's and speeds of the 3.5L lineup. The Maxima and Altima are almost identical in speed, even with the Maxima having 10hp more on the 03 and 20 more on the 04. To this day, the fastest Maxima is the 02/03, with the best HP to weight ratio. There are track times of sub 14 seconds with stock motor and tires. The scary thing is the Maxima doesn't show it's full potential with it's poor stock tire's (RE92 Potenza's) and poor HP Dyno (205-215 FWHP 6speed). The only real 3.5L is the 350z, which dyno's at around 240rwhp. So, as advice to racers, your best bet are Autotragics in any 3.5L car, and preferably the bigger ones. Also remember, thanks to the 350z, there are many more Mods available for any 3.5L car, like cams, headers and chips. My Max is pushing close to 220fwhp with just an intake, and by the summer, I'll be around 230. I won't be adding anythign to the DTS, as the mileage is getting High, and I'm beginning to have mechanical problems. Good Luck and be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Blackout said:
My friend has a 2001 Maxima SE automatic and has yet to beat me in the Spec V. We went to Atco together twice and his best run was a 15.7

bs...ur frend is 1 shitty driver than cuz ive drivven every maxima from years 94(dohc:190hp 190lbs/trqu) 96(190hp/205 lbs trque) 97-99 same but 400lbs heavier....2000-2001 models with 222 hp but is heaver than the 95-99 so they are pretty much the same)2002-03 maximas 255hp/245lbs/trqu) i am the only nissan maxima and cadillac fleetwood brougham fanatic in the world...haha....i kno these cars in and out and theres no way u cud beat a 01 max with a spec v....ur frend sure as hell dont kno how to drive it then....01s do mid to high 14s spec vs do more....anyway im just sayin do not underestimate maximas....those are the most highly performing japanese sedans.....won awards for the VQ series engines for the past 9/10 years...those engines have serious power...i also underestimated them before i drove it and thats wat got me hooked on them.....but like i said im also a cadillac fanatic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey 92broughm, i belive! it took me pretty easily. out of curiousity, whats a auto 00-01 run in the 1/4? im pretty sure it was the 02-03 though, since it had clear tails, but the "hid" headlights looked like ricer headlights, not true HID, for sure a SE though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
they run in the 14s
mid 14s possibley..its actually all on the driver....but the max is def a 14 sec car...pretty dam fast for a heavy 4 door midsize
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
92, the 3.0 (222hp) AUTO ran 14's? i find that a little hard to believe. maybe, but that sounds like a manual time, not a auto
 

·
Registered
1995 FTS
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
Dubya said:
92, the 3.0 (222hp) AUTO ran 14's? i find that a little hard to believe. maybe, but that sounds like a manual time, not a auto
The only Maxima's to break into the 14's stock are the 2002+ Maxima's. I had a 1989 Maxima and it had decent pickup but it was like a high 15 low 16 sec. car. And my buddies 1997 Maxima's best run was a 15.6 and its a manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,683 Posts
92brougham said:
they run in the 14s
mid 14s possibley..its actually all on the driver....but the max is def a 14 sec car...pretty dam fast for a heavy 4 door midsize
maximas aren't really that heavy. It's an average weight for a midsize sedan
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top