Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 seville with a 4.9.The avrge read out arount town is between high 10's and 11.5.I dont think this is right.:bigroll:

I cleaned the trottle body and egr tubes.(I will do this again tommorow)

There are no codes for the engine(but I have a p039 torque converter/viscous clutch):rant2:

I have read in one thread that an elo 4.9 owner was getting 17 city with ac refrigerent.His line blew though causing the mpg to drop to 12 or 13.Another person said he got poor mpg untill he charged his ac.I was wondering if this is true because my low ac refrigerent warning is on.

I also am going to check th fpr tommow.I am not completely sure on how to do this but I read that you take of the vacume line to se if it is leaking.

The car also runs fine and has lots of power.It just seems that she chugs gas :alchi:

So can someone please help me out.:worship:

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,212 Posts
Low refrigirant has nothing to do with fuel economy. P039 might affect the fuel economy since your tranny is never locked up. But on the other hand, it would not affect much the fuel economy in the town since your speed is likely less than 40 MPH anyway. 11MPG might be normal. Everything depends on the actual driving pattern (lots of stops, traffic, short trips with cold engine etc,)

Start the engine and pull the vacuum hose off the FPR. If there is any fuel leaking from the nipple - the FPR is bad. It still may be bad without any leaking fuel though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I do have somwhat of frequent stops.But when I took her out on a near by highway at a a steady 60 or 65 mph she only got 11.5mpg.

When the ses light came on I pulled over and shut off the car and restarted.The light was out and never came back on sofar, so I think it was because I had just changed the fluid and it had to work in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts