Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it yielded the highest gain...i believe in the neighborhood of 10rwhp, where the volant was around 5-6rwhp. ody would have to verify that. is it louder than the volant? yes. idle it isn't too much of an issue, but during driving you will notice it more-so than the volant. nailing it you'll definitely notice it. personally, i think it sounds pretty sweet, but it's definitely what your comfort level dictates. some members have complained about a slight "whistling" that occurs...

the advantage to this is, you're not sporting the 230 for a brand new one, where this one is virtually brand new for a cheaper price.

even though this is mine, i definitely don't want you to get the impression i'm trying to sell it to you just for a buck.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Yup, it dyno'ed with the most RWHP of the four I tested. It's louder at WOT, but for the price, if you don't mind a little WOT noise, is a great system. With a few mods, it could be even better. The nice design features of the K&N system are the hard intake tube that replaces the corregated rubber one, and the velocity stack transition piece between the filter and the MAF. The filter is huge. The only thing that I don't like about the FIPKs, universally, is the lack of an airbox. The main function of the airbox, other than to house the filter is noise abatement. K&N made the design trade of flow and HP over slightly louder noise.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
odysseus said:
Yup, it dyno'ed with the most RWHP of the four I tested. It's louder at WOT, but for the price, if you don't mind a little WOT noise, is a great system. With a few mods, it could be even better. The nice design features of the K&N system are the hard intake tube that replaces the corregated rubber one, and the velocity stack transition piece between the filter and the MAF. The filter is huge. The only thing that I don't like about the FIPKs, universally, is the lack of an airbox. The main function of the airbox, other than to house the filter is noise abatement. K&N made the design trade of flow and HP over slightly louder noise.
Ody, I also thought an airbox kept the engine heat separate from the intake?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, it does keep out hot engine air also...

well, the item didn't sell on ebay...so it's still floating around, not sure if i'm going to relist it or not. i'd like to recoup some of the money back on it, especially since it's barely used.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That was a good price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts