Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS 2.0T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a used 2003 CTS and previous owner had been using regular dino oil.

I wanted to switch to Mobile 1 Synthetic, is it necessary to switch to synthetic on the 3.2s? Or should I go with regular oil changes at regular intervals?

What should I be looking for when changing oil? Right now, I've got 98% oil life.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
Are there any engine problems? If not, then in my opinion why "fix it"? I know that he should of been using full syenthitic from day one. But like I said why change.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT
1,062 Posts
Mak-B, if the 3.2 uses dino oil reffering to the owners manual, keep it that way. If it written to use synthetic, use synthetic. Also, make sure you use the right spec oil for your engine.

·
Registered
2008 STS N* lowered with D3 springs on 20's staggered
140 Posts
switch to synthetic........if you wanna keep you car running switch to synthetic......ive got the 3.2 and run mobile 1 synthetic...its recomm.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
switch to synthetic........if you wanna keep you car running switch to synthetic......ive got the 3.2 and run mobile 1 synthetic...its recomm.
I run mine on synthetic as well, but just to be clear the manual does not actualy recommend synthetic - dino oils meets the specs. The 3.6 calls for Mobil 1.

-GT

·
Registered
2008 STS N* lowered with D3 springs on 20's staggered
140 Posts
but just to be clear the manual does not actualy recommend synthetic - dino oils meets the specs.

-GT
Im sorry i didnt make myself clear enough the dealership recommended that to me. thanx for the clarification though:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts