Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Eng comp looks real tight. I have shop manual. I will look at it later this evening, and relate how diff it looks from the book.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a leak and it looks like it is coming from the waterpump. I won't have problem changing it as the CTS's engine compartment is like open waste land compared to my T/A.

I have to pull the timing belt cover to be sure that is where it is coming from.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
44 Posts
My water pump went out on my 03 cts about 5 months ago. I actually had the dealer change it. It was an expenisve hit....Also, be sure to check the water pump pressure valve. It's what keeps constant pressure going throughout your cooling system. It will also leak if it goes bad. If you stand in front of your car, the valve will be located on the left hand (passanger) side of your vehicle. The valve is sitting on the left outside of the engine block and will have a hose running to it.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it is the water pump. I put it all back together because we have an extended warranty. Took into the dealer told them what it was. The service guy said "Can't be so soon" He called back and ate crow "Mr. Friend I am sorry you were right. We have the part but have to wait for your warranty company on Monday" I went and got the car and the water pump from the Dealer. I will fix it tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts