Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, finally getting around to installing my headers, yeah yeah yeah last post about it i swear!!!

BUT, as long as i'm in ther ei think i'm going to replace wires and plugs as long as its open and accessible.

Getting some Thundervolt 50 wires from Thunder Racing, and just wanted to know if "KoolSox" are neccessary and what should my plugs be gapped to and what recommendations people have for plugs...

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
^^ Tehehe..

I would personally purchase some of the wire protectors. I installed a set of wires on my Trans Am and all hell broke loose on my eletrical system when one of those wires got burnt.

Better safe than sorry.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I've got more clearance between my Kooks and plug wires than I had with my stock manifolds. Plugs should be left at stock gap of .40 unless you're spraying or boosted.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Sorry this reply is so late, but I just got back from vacation, and catching up on the forum.

I have kooks, and my front passenger wire basically lays on the header. I have 1200 degree wires + Kool Socks and have had no issues for the 6 months (12k miles) I've had the headers on.

I'd do koolSox just as a precaution. Worst case they do nothing and you're out 40 bucks.as oppsoed to potentially getting stranded under an overpass at night due to sizzled plug wire(s).

-Chris

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm gonna grab some metal insualtion rated for high temp until next month to see if i can get away with just insulating the one wire thats close

1 - 10 of 10 Posts