Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Sport, 04 Silverado Duramax, 95 Cougar, 2010 CTS4 Premium - sold :(
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and really didn't come up with much - everything I saw in the search was referencing older vehicles. How's the oil consumption with the 2019 3.0TT? Have they improved that situation any, or are they like the older 3.6's that consume almost as much oil as they do gas? Have they finally mitigated the PCV situation (which is probably where most of the oil goes) to where catch cans aren't really needed?

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,517 Posts
I did a search and really didn't come up with much - everything I saw in the search was referencing older vehicles. How's the oil consumption with the 2019 3.0TT? Have they improved that situation any, or are they like the older 3.6's that consume almost as much oil as they do gas? Have they finally mitigated the PCV situation (which is probably where most of the oil goes) to where catch cans aren't really needed?
I have never had to add oil between changes. I used to check it often when I first got the car but now I never check it because it doesn't seem to burn any. I suppose something catastrophic could happen but that would be another story.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - that gives me some hope that oil consumption has been improved over the older 3.6's.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2010 consumed almost as much oil as it did gas.... Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it did burn more oil than any other vehicle I've had, and from everything I've read, it's considered 'normal'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts