Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dealer told my getting a 2nd beach would cost me a couple of thousand bucks. is this true? is there any way to trade out bucket seats for bench seat?? i think my dealer just wanted to sell a certain suv.

·
Registered
56 Posts
caddypimpin said:
my dealer told my getting a 2nd beach would cost me a couple of thousand bucks. is this true? is there any way to trade out bucket seats for bench seat?? i think my dealer just wanted to sell a certain suv.
When i got my ESV, the dealer coludn't get his hands on one with the bench, so i got the buckets. And it was a no cost option, but remember that i'm in mexico and the esv is made down here, so maybe that's different to the rest of the world. Just like the white diamond paint option, to the us customers is a 995usd option, down here it's no cost.
Oh, and we can get it cheaper also, i paid 53,000 usd for mine, straight for the dealer, brand new and fully loaded.
There had to be an advantage. :D

I can ask the my dealer the cost of the bench if you wolud like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i got my caddy for 45,500. it has a dvd player. it was a 55,000 truck but i got a good deal. i think that is why i didnt get to get the option.

Is it free to get a bench seat.
are the hindges there to replace the bucket seats.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
caddypimpin said:
I had to wait to get buckets, all the Escalades in my area had bench seats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so can i ask for bench seats or is it too late. i felt he was bsing me also. i have caught the dealership on 5 or 6 lies. i really dont trust them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2nd seats

hi caddypimpim, what color is your interior? i have light biege bench on mine, i'mm willing to trade with your buckets if they're the same color. let me know. i'll check if this is just an outright bolt-on swap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: 2nd seats

hey my escalade is the white diamond withthe same interior as yours find out if we can do a simple swap and you got yourself a deal? how many miles is your escalade. mine is 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
caddypimpin, the dealer may have been talking about getting a bench seat for you from the factory. If so, they ARE expensive as hell. Complete seats are usually available for only the current year model. After that, they have to be pieced together and runs into even bigger money.

If you do any seat swapping, make sure the places to anchor the swapped seats are there. Also the floor carpet may be different, so you may have to cut/cover holes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So how hard it it to change out the seats? does anyone know? can i cut a hole in the carpet and anchor the bench seats. is this posible... please let me know soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Now this is an answer that I would love to find out. I want to get rid of the bench myslef and get the buckets. Getting to the third row is not fun for the kids when the aren't allowed to fold down the seats! (Gotta make em last!) Anyway....looking forward to seeing how this works out. Please please please update this post with your findings. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
When i bought my caddy i had a choice either way. Go with the buckets and not the bench. Easier to get to the third row seating and the buckets have the armrest like the front, not sure if the bench does. There should be no cost either way. That dealer is BSing you so go find a honest dealer who will take care of you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
skaha said:
Here is a pic. I would gladly trade for the bench... would be way better with the carseat.

hey where do you live i have a bench seat the same exact color and would swap you out for them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
chant74 said:
When i got my ESV, the dealer coludn't get his hands on one with the bench, so i got the buckets. And it was a no cost option, but remember that i'm in mexico and the esv is made down here, so maybe that's different to the rest of the world. Just like the white diamond paint option, to the us customers is a 995usd option, down here it's no cost.
Oh, and we can get it cheaper also, i paid 53,000 usd for mine, straight for the dealer, brand new and fully loaded.
There had to be an advantage. :D

I can ask the my dealer the cost of the bench if you wolud like.
After all being Mexican had to have certain advantages..... :lildevil:

Mejia

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
02escalade