Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 ESV Plat;10 ESV Lux; 08 Suburban LTZ; 08 ESV-sold
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife loves her 08 ESV, but we (she) are considering having a 6th child. Currently, we have the 2nd row bucket seats, but a 6th child would require a 2nd row 60/40 to fit all the spawn.

Ive spent the last couple of hours trying to find any info on what it would take to convert the seats, and I cant even find the seat parts online.... and a shop manual looks like it costs ~$200 and it doesnt seem that any PDFs of it are available like they are for other makes.....

Unfortunately, I dont even have a dealer nearby that has an ESV, XL, or Burban onlot that has the 2nd row 60/40 for me to look at and compare.

Would anyone with a a 2nd row 60/40 be able to post some detailed pics of the underside of the seats with them flipped up and the floor of the third row with the seats flipped up?

It would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
They can be switched, saw a local dealer doing it about 2 years ago, there were a few members a few years back that did switch the middle row seats with other members that had buckets. You may want to check with some used car lots, they maybe willing to change them out for you, and keep checking EBay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply... I did try the search on this forum and came up empty. Do you know if the switch was done with an 07+ or with an 00-06?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
It was an 07' I was talking about, seen many on pre 07's, I will see if I can find the thread, it was about 1 1/2 years ago

·
Registered
Cadillac
83 Posts
Depending were you are at, i have a 60/40 split and if your interested we can swap all parts. If your close ill do the install :)

·
Registered
07 escalade, 06 lexus gs, 94 civic si hatchback
32 Posts
do you have pic of it? i would too like to see what it looks like. i wouldnt mind switching with somebody close by.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2007slade,

check your PMs. I am willing to do a bit of driving to make the swap happen. I have an 08 ESV with black leather & power folding heated seats.

·
Registered
Cadillac
83 Posts
2007slade,

check your PMs. I am willing to do a bit of driving to make the swap happen. I have an 08 ESV with black leather & power folding heated seats.
i cant pm back, i guess i dont have enought posts:hmm: Give me a call 925-286-5819

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i cant pm back, i guess i dont have enought posts:hmm: Give me a call 925-286-5819
That is fine.... I dont mind chatting openly about this i guess. And I will attempt to call tomorrow.

Have you experience doing this type of swap, or do you have access to the shop manual? I spent several hours today checking out a few vehicles today, and one of them was an 8 passenger '07 Suburban and compared the bolt patterns to the 7 passenger setup... and it appears that there are only four bolts per seat that need to be removed that anchor the seat and its mounting bracket to the chassis, and one wiring harness. Is it really this easy?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
23 Posts
I would be interested in trading out my 08 2nd row buckets ebony leather for ebony leather 2nd row bench. I'm in San Antonio, Texas.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im in Grand Forks, North Dakota.... I'd be happy to swap with you.... do you have a good idea on how to go about making it happen? San Antonio is about 1500 miles away. Meeting somewhere is ideal so the swap can happen together... the other option is to ship them which would probably be cheaper than the gas to drive back and forth to a meeting point.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
23 Posts
Sorry, I've been away because we just had a baby on the 8th. Hence the reason I would prefer a bench. Not really sure how we could get it done, I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
txlaw2002,

Congrats on the new addition.... looks like I misread your post. I have 5 children younger ages 5 and younger, and we have the 2nd row captains and the 3rd row bench all filled with carseats, so I would prefer a bench also for the second row.

·
Registered
'11 Escalade Premium AWD
5 Posts
few years later, i am in search of a tan leather bench seat for my escalade. I currently have 2nd row captain chairs on my 2011 Escalade (short), and would like to replace with a bench seat. I live in the Houston area, so please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thank you

·
Registered
'11 Escalade Premium AWD
5 Posts
No i have not, but i was told that ESV doesn't fit on the short Escalade (that's what i have).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts