Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SRX Lux
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'12 SRX 157k hatch stopped working. Why is it necessary to have dealer synch after control module replacement? Also, how do you dx what's the real culprit - switches, module or pump?

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
328 Posts
did you check your switch in the drivers side door? it happened to me :sneaky:

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
820 Posts
Search these forums. Lots of discussion on lift failure including struts, control module, pumps, switches, etc. It all depends on the symptoms you're experiencing.

Max

·
Registered
163 Posts
Same thing just happened to me after vehicle was at the dealer for a supposedly unrelated electrical issue. Hasn’t worked since, with either the driver’s door switch, FOB or manually. Never got a return call or email from my service advisor or service manager...so I called national Cadillac customer support. Waiting to hear something back from them now. Going on 11 days with no (needed) hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, 7 days since my last post on my hatch and I finally got a call back from national Cadillac who said to call the dealership’s GM. Now it’s 4 days later and I still haven’t heard back from him either.

Any advice? PLEASE?

Kind of reluctant to go to the dealership in person because I’m so mad it this point I may reach across his desk and choke him with his cheap tie.

Where does the accountability lie? At the dealer, or national Cadillac?

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
274 Posts
Honestly? With yourself. You bought a used car without a warranty, right? A complicated one at that. After a car is out of warranty and especially if you didn't buy it new no auto manufacturer is going to waste much time with you. Even if you threaten to never buy another of their brand. Troubleshooting my friend. The liftgate does not seem to be super complicated, mainly switches, a control board and a motor. Ask questions, work your way through it. Solve your problem. You seem pretty mechanically inclined, get after it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honestly? With yourself. You bought a used car without a warranty, right? A complicated one at that. After a car is out of warranty and especially if you didn't buy it new no auto manufacturer is going to waste much time with you. Even if you threaten to never buy another of their brand. Troubleshooting my friend. The liftgate does not seem to be super complicated, mainly switches, a control board and a motor. Ask questions, work your way through it. Solve your problem. You seem pretty mechanically inclined, get after it.
Thanks for your honest, thoughtful response. I’m guessing I could get it working again on my own. I’ve just never felt so disregarded by a dealership/manufacturer is all, I guess. Especially a “luxury” brand.

I got over them haphazardly tearing out all my electronics out pretty quickly, which I have since repaired or replaced at my expense. But my lift gate irk is more out of principal. It worked perfectly fine while grabbing my things at the dealership when dropping the car off to them. Hell, my service advisor even hit the button on the hatch to close it for me because my hands were full.

And it was only hours after picking the car up, when putting things back, that I realized my hatch no longer worked. Just doesn’t seem right, them shamelessly denying any responsibility.

I’ll start troubleshooting once the rain let’s up.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
328 Posts
let mew know if you want me to post the schematics and troubleshooting info - you seem to be a bit of a diy guy cant be that frigging hard unless you need to program the module - then its back on your knees to the stealership - remember most Chevy dealers can do the work

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
328 Posts
a little light reading 😲

1 - 13 of 13 Posts