Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

Its been a long time since i have had time to browse the forums.
Over the last 2 years i moved a lot for work, i worked in Mexico for a year then in Kansas City as well. I recently purchased a house in Michigan and have now settled down with a new job and a 2 new cars.

Last year I bought a 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen and have managed to put 36k miles on it already.
This year i bought a 2006 Volvo V50 T5 AWD < for winter with 130k one owner clean as hell.

The Catera spent one year at my parents house inside a garage, and then the following year (2013-2014) in my friends house inside his garage.

It was started periodically and moved around but nothing as far as millage.

I started driving it again in August of 2014 for some time and had to replace the starter as the ground wire on the body had rotted away.

Car is nearly 100% functional with a few things that need to be looked at.

1. Driver heated seat never worked since i bought the car.
2. The self leveling system works but goes in loop modes to where its confused as to the actual height of the rear so it thinks its too low so it lifts the rear up to the highest level. I think it needs a new leveling sensor.

As far as modifications here is what i remember off the top of my head.
1. Front brakes are the GTO units wtih new rotors and C5 Pads.
2. Rear brakes were replaced last year with rotors and pads.
3. Intake manifold has been ported and polished this was done a few years ago and the car had dynoed 185RWHP...
4. Shocks have been replaced with the sport ones about 2 years ago.
5. Car is running on Stock GTO springs so its quite low probably 1.5" down from stock height.
6. Sway bar bushings have been replaced with poly urethane ones.
7. Inner and Outter tie rod ends were replaced as well about 2 years ago.
8. Car has GTO rear spoiler.
9. 35% tint on all side and rear windows.
10. I have 4 sets of wheels, 3 sets of 17s and 1 set of 18s.
11. Various oil changes in trans rear diff have been performed as well.
12. Full exhaust STEINMETZ from the CATS back.
13. It has 2 12" subs in the trunk as well which i will leave with the car.
14. I am sure the list goes on and on as this was a constant tinker toy back when i had time.

I am running out of room to play with her and i think its time to find her a good home.
The car has been fun part of my life as i owned it now 9 years.

I am thinking about finding it another home and wanted to see if there was any interest in it.
Please let me know and i will post pictures of what it looks like and how it looked this summer.

I haven't thought about price yet but we can discuss if anyone is interested.

Car was driven year round, tons of car washes in the winter and a lot of WAX and maintenance in the summer that has kept the rust to a minimum.

This is my TDI.

And this is my winter car.

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Dude,

I thought you sold your Opelized catera long ago. Winter is the worst time to sell a car, especially this one. Wish I had the money to buy it.

Good Luck in everything!!

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i was going to sell it but ran out of time so i decided to store it at that point and have been keeping it since then.

I am planning to sell it in the spring or summer once all the good bits go back on the car. I take the front splitter and the wheels off for the winter and of course once i get time to document everything properly I will post a legit for sale thread... i was just wanting to see if anyone would be interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts