Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
54 Posts
ill be getting 19' HRE's.
ill be getting 245/35/19 tires. They are almost a perfect replacement.
May i ask why in the world would you get 275's? There is no performance benefit in it. Maybe there is if you had a V. But not on a standard cts.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
When I owned my 2005 CTSV; I had 19" custom 3 piece wheels. The wheel rims were constructed with an 8.5" front width and 9.5" rear wheel width.

The front rubber was 245/35/19 and the rear rubber was 275/35/19.

Everything tucked neatly inside the wheel wells and I never had an issues with rubbing, nor did I have to roll the wheel well lips.

On my current CTS; I have MC2 18" forged one piece rims that are 8.5" in width. I currently have 245/45/18 front rubber and 255/45/18 rear rubber.

The 8.5" wheel width limits me from going any wider in the rear.

And again as stated by the previous poster; unless you wanting to install 275 series rear rubber on a 3.6 CTS for strictly appearance; you're not going to get any real performance or traction benefits by going to the larger tire width.

In any event, if you decide to go with a rear 275 series tire; you're going to need a wheel rim that features a rim width of 9.5" to protect the integrity of the tire's sidewall.

·
Registered
Cadillac
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback! Re the lack of additional performance, it's really only the visual that I'm going for. Do you remember what the offset was? Thx again...

·
Registered
Cadillac
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS Re the 2005 CTSV with the 19" customs, do you have any pics that you could possibly forward?
thx

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
The offset that I had on my 19" 3 piece rims was 42mm as they were custom built. I was also running Toyo ultra high performance summer tires.

The 275/35/19 rubber filled the rear wheel wells perfectly. I had the Hotchkis front and rear sway bars as well as some other substantial BMR suspension upgrades.

I did not however lower the vehicle with lowering springs at the OEM CTSV spring rate was ideal for my performance application.

PM me and let me know what 19" wheel rims you're looking at.

I don't have any pictures on my laptop of my 2005 V that I sold back in May; however my wheel rims came from www.forgeline.com

I looked at quite a number of wheel builders and Forgeline offered just a tremendous array of high quality build components such as titanium hardware etc. In addition, for performance; Forgelines are the wheels of choice for BMW and Porsche and many other Euro performance vehicles.

Again, I've attached a picture of the wheels I had on my CTSV. They have quite a variety to choose from and deliver a first class product.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts