Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.... Have Mickey Thompson drag radials on rear 305/35/18's
Have 255/40/18's gsd3's up front & it has worked out fine.

I'm gonna need some new front tires & I have 2 nearly new gsds's that were left over from the past ( 275/35/18's )
So I thought if I could use these in front I wouldn't have to buy new tires for up front.
In the past I've always kept tire diameter to less than 3% front to back & have never had a problem with stability control or ABS systems

So, I'm asking if anyone has gone over 3% difference in diameter front to back ? ( would be like 3.15%)
And has anyone run 275/35/18's up front "without rubbing" ?

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where are people getting this 3% rule from?
It pops up on the tire size calculators ( if you go over 3% it comes up in red that your outa limits)
So, I assume it must be a standard limit for automotive systems

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I'll be running that front size on the track, it should work fine. (I might have to raise the front up a little, but that's no big deal)

As for the diameter difference, I would strive to stick within the 3% margin, but my previous set of tires actually were as much as 5.2% different than stock (but not that different from front to back) and I had no problems whatsoever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts