Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track to see what she runs with boost at 12.5psi.

Well, not good. Could only get a 11.87 at 122 WITH A 60ft of 2.13...

I just BLOW the tires off if i launch at anything other than idle and feathering it thru first.. second gear hooks fairly well after the little chirp.

The Manual transmission though handles very well. I like the shifter and seems to handle speed shifts quite good. So a short throw isnt on my list of mods to do in the future.. I tried all modes, and nothing seemed to help. Im really disapointed in the differences between sport and touring, I wish the user could change settings to be what they want.. I need to find a way to make the rear percent 0 for launching. I tried to monitor anything with a tech 2 but didnt have much luck watching anything in reguards to that...

So, this week i try to fit a set of 305s and hope that they fit. If that dont work, then i guess, next on my mod list is massive suspension stuff.

That or back the power down even more to be able to use the power.....

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
26 Posts
I think I read you were running BFG's, on my previous car I switched from a none hooking BFG to Mickey Thompson drag radial and cut a 1.48 60ft. They hook much better.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Either of you know whats the widest tires f&R we can run on the stock rims & suspension w/out rubbing ?

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
I run Mickey Thompson ET Streets on my car when trying to get the best street tire time. It's not a radial and far from good cornering but a went from 1.66 BFG to 1.46 MT 60' on my Grand National (drove to track). Gives some wheel spin at the track but buzzes in traction within 10 feet like a slick.

I realize these would look hideous on the V with 3" of side wall and may be difficult to find wheels for, but just wanted to let you know. I'd look into an aftermarket F-body wheel if you try this.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
26 Posts
The issue is that a wheel smaller than a 18 wont fit. Mickey Thompson has a 305/35R18 and 315/30R18 and 345/35R18. I am trying to find a c5 ZO6 wheel 18x10.5 and the 305/35R18 because anything wider would need a 11" wheel at least.
stock 285/35R19 overall height 26.85 section width 11.22

MT 305/35R18 overall height 26.4 section width 12

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V 457ci LS7
50 Posts
So the largest drag radial/slick that'll fit on the rear is???

If it was just fitting in the wheel well the math is easy... just want to make sure it clears the brakes as well.

I'm just looking for a set for the 1/4... don't care what it looks like or drives like outside of the 1/4.

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
has anyone gotten this figured out yet? i put wait4me exhaust, tune and airbox on to get .2 seconds faster. i got to get hooked up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts