Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
As far as I know its not. Cadillac.com is a screwed up. I was able to build a 1SA with a sunroof and xenon lights. Go to the dealer and you have to go to a 1SB for those options. I think they have it configured all wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chuck C said:
I just built a CTS at Cadillac.com with the 3.6L and a 5-sp manual. I thought the manual transmission wasn't available for the new engine?
05 CTS will be available with M6 and 3.6L.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This really angers me. I was going to be in the market for a CTS Luxsport with manual. Apparantly this is no longer available for 2k4. What happened to caddy trying to lower their average buyer's age? I am 23 and most people I know prefer stick, and most own them. This is what younger people want. Heck, most everyone I know prefers a stick. Guess I'll be sticking with the 9-3 a bit longer while I wait for a domestic GM car that I really want.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cadillac does offer a stick it is with the base engine not the new V-6. Secondly like the other person said the 2005 model will have a 6 speed manual available. So you can get a 3.2 CTS with a stick but not the 3.6 till later this year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm glad to hear it will be available. What I meant about currently is that they have also made it so that you cannot get the base engine in the lux or luxsport, so you can only get a stick in the base trim level.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If your looking for the stick with the Lux Sport, why don't you spend a little more and go all out and get the V? Fully loaded you are prob looking in the low 40s so at that point whats another 5-6 grand, and then you have a powehouse. Hell at that point you won't even need mods so you will prob break even! :lildevil:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was just at the Caddy dealer this morning (doing my OnStar entry, didn't win) and he told me that the 6 sp. on the 3.6 will be available by June. I hope this is true because I need to finally make up my mind on a new ride.

- CTS 6sp 3.6
- 05 Legacy 5sp 2.5T
- G35

I have been waiting for the Caddy 6sp since the new motor came out. The 255 HP definitely puts it on par with the others and it is a lot more luxurious. My GM points are maxed out so I needdecide do I use them on the sedan or wait for a year end deal on an V6 SRX?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Elvis,

I wholeheartedly agree on the TL. A sweet car with an absolutely beautiful interior. The technology is first rate and I understand the stereo system can't be beat. My current GSR 4dr has 212K on the odo so I can vouch for the quality and longevity of the products. But................

I have to go rear wheel drive. The dynamics are so much better and sporty than a front wheel car will ever have. Even the TL's limited slip doesn't solve the problem. Unfortunately, terminal understeer will always be in the mix. My GSR plows so much on an autocross course that I gave up because of diminishing returns.

If the TL came out in rwd or even 4wd, there would be one in my driveway already. Until Acura (or Honda) comes around, I can't take the plunge again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I absolutly love my CTS but had I realized the G35 was about the same money before buying my CTS, I think I would have gotten aG35 Coupe! :coolgleam

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
QTwo said:
Elvis,

I wholeheartedly agree on the TL. A sweet car with an absolutely beautiful interior. The technology is first rate and I understand the stereo system can't be beat. My current GSR 4dr has 212K on the odo so I can vouch for the quality and longevity of the products. But................

I have to go rear wheel drive. The dynamics are so much better and sporty than a front wheel car will ever have. Even the TL's limited slip doesn't solve the problem. Unfortunately, terminal understeer will always be in the mix. My GSR plows so much on an autocross course that I gave up because of diminishing returns.

If the TL came out in rwd or even 4wd, there would be one in my driveway already. Until Acura (or Honda) comes around, I can't take the plunge again.
I agree, you're NEVER going to get the same kind of handling out of a FWD car, if that's what you're after. I drove a TL and pushed it pretty hard. I think they've done all they can with the suspension on that car. Maybe they should've tried something like the ATTS that they put in the last generation of the Prelude, but it probably isn't as reliable as it should be anyway.

But still, the TL is better than anything else Honda's ever built. They obviously did their homework and studied the mods that people like you and I were making to Integras and Preludes.

I loved the interior of the TL, but the exterior doesn't grab me. Certain angles look good, but on the whole I just don't love it yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts