Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picture is from a month ago. Over 250,000 now and still does not use a qt of oil between changes. Trans is also good. Change filter and fluid every 50k miles on trans. Use Amsoil 5w50 Signature series in engine. 10k mile changes.

Rack and pinion is getting loose so will have to change that before long but still rides and drives beautiful, and looks killer as well in black.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
266 Posts

Picture is from a month ago. Over 250,000 now and still does not use a qt of oil between changes. Trans is also good. Change filter and fluid every 50k miles on trans. Use Amsoil 5w50 Signature series in engine. 10k mile changes.

Rack and pinion is getting loose so will have to change that before long but still rides and drives beautiful, and looks killer as well in black.
What year and model, also how long have you had it?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 DTS
161 Posts
it may not be the rack and pinion getting loose, check the flex joint in the steering column, it can make the front end feel loose, I changed a bunch of stuff on mine before i found that

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
119 Posts
Lol, as much as I love caddys is it a big deal to get 250K out of them? Nothing but problems and I still love them, Toyota and Honda's easily 250K, I know someone who got 400K on a Lexus minimal issues, was still running fine

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
266 Posts
Did you change the engine or something? Why are you saying 250K when the odometer is close to 350K?

Also, your check engine light is on and you're taking picture at 77mph...
Going 77mph and engine only rev @ 2100 rpm is not bad. I have to see if I get same results?

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What year and model, also how long have you had it?

It is a 2010 DTS (the better version of the N star) Have had it a few years. And it is 350k miles, not 250k....my error! We put 30-40k a year on.

it may not be the rack and pinion getting loose, check the flex joint in the steering column, it can make the front end feel loose, I changed a bunch of stuff on mine before i found that
Thx. Will check that out.

Did you change the engine or something? Why are you saying 250K when the odometer is close to 350K?

Also, your check engine light is on and you're taking picture at 77mph...
It is 350k. My error, CEL is rear cat below threshold. Also TPS semsors habve each gone dead and wont relearn, so next tires we do will replace all 4. ONLY run full syn oil. Past owner used M1, I use Amsoil 5w50 Signature Series.

Trans is original so is engine.

·
Registered
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
553 Posts
How many valve cover leaks has it had over that time? Half case? Coolant crossover?

·
Registered
2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado
180 Posts
Wonder what the record is? You gotta be around there, good to see it's lasted you this long. I got mine not this last october but the one before, so a little over a year with like 79k, I'm almost at 118k now. Been putting a lot of miles on too. Randomly been looking at old tahoes and escalades so I can get back to a boat eventually but I don't know if I see myself doing it anytime soon. I really like this car but it's past the point of keeping for a "collector car" and I won't give it away on trade either. Don't like the new cars, think the dts minus the lack of name is the last real cadillac. I haven't seen a nicer one around here. All the ones you see the chrome's peeling on the rims and the seats are nasty, scratches etc... I fixed a half inch split on my driver seat before I got it and the passenger and back seats look like they've never been sat in. Paints good and no visible rust, as clean as you can get for a wi car. Anything that's needed to be fixed has. I'm picky and want it running looking nice, it had 3 led's burnt out on the 3rd brake light when I got it and got a new one of those too. It looks awesome. Had idea to throw a hitch on it and get an old jetski but would rather have a boat and not crazy about putting a hitch on it, but since it's not goona be a collector car would be the cheapest toy option. So idk, thinking keep this and pound the miles on it, and keep an eye out for a seville/eldo and/or old jetski to play on. Don't have cash for both right now. And really I'm getting older, don't know if that would be the most constructive use of money, should save for a house down payment or something rather than a toy car or jetski

1 - 15 of 15 Posts