Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I have any problems mounting a 24x10 wheel with a 35mm on a 03' Escalade?

Are they going to stick out or rub?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Green Money 2002 Escalade
127 Posts
im running 24x9.5 (305/35 tires) with 32 offset and I slightly rub on the inner black plastic when i make a turn. Mine sits inside the the fender well just enough, to where i dont hit any metal.. It will be close, but I think you will be ok.. any other thoughts anyone

·
Registered
Escalade
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your truck lowered at all. Does it rub every time you turn or only full turns?

I plan on putting a 2/4 drop on mine.

·
Registered
Green Money 2002 Escalade
127 Posts
nope, mine is not lowered. It just slightly rubs on the inner black plastic on full turns.. I dont even notice anything on short turns.

·
Registered
2004 escalade
30 Posts
Hi I'm new here. I thought I would offer my advice. I have 24x10 20mm offset on mine and it runs fine. the only rubbing i have is going up hills or backing down to flat pavement it rubs in the back a little. 35mm offset is too much if im not mistaken, 20mm is the best to run on these models.... too much offset and the wheel doesnt sit right and will cause premature bearing failure which will then lead to you needing to replace your axles. good luck with whatever you decide to do though

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
He isn't going to have to worry about PREMATURE bearing failure, if he coming down a hill with any kind of speed and tries to make an emergency stop.. he gonna need some new airbags though. lol naw I'm kidding, however.. with 24s and up don't they run 9.5 width tires? You really should think about big brakes though.. I never respected that idea until we got up in the TAHOE hills, and the grapevine is humbling as well. Are you getting forged rims? just curious

1 - 6 of 6 Posts