Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, instead of switching from my 2/3 drop to a 3/5, i just thought of possibly replacing my tires with a larger profile tire (like a 285/40/24). this would not only increase the total wheel height, but it would also close the wheel gap about another inch, plus improve ride quality. what do y'all think?

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
boombotz said:
I've got a simillar set-up with my 22". I feel it fills up the wheel well alot better. Even better then some 24" that I have seen.
Boombotz, what do you think about installing a McGauphy 2/3 Deluxe kit on my 05? I have 22's and notice that my wheel well is still quite big. It almost annoys me when I look at it because it makes my new rims look so much smaller. Let me know what you think the best idea is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
Boombotz, what do you think about installing a McGauphy 2/3 Deluxe kit on my 05? I have 22's and notice that my wheel well is still quite big. It almost annoys me when I look at it because it makes my new rims look so much smaller. Let me know what you think the best idea is.

Thanks.
A lot of members here prefer the Mcgaughys 2/3 kit. It should help with your issues with the big space in your wheel wells. Although you will affect ride quality with the drop. I do not have the kit. I have 305/45/22 tires on my rims and I feel it fills the wheel well just fine the way it is with the larger profile tires and adds extra tire space between the road and the rim for a more enjoyable ride.

·
Registered
2 escalade 07
484 Posts
i have the 40 series tires on with 24's and i wouldnt want to put em on it always hits the plastics and everything with a little bump but since i live in texas and i go to the ranch and everything i had to put em on but im actually thinking on getting the 35

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Maybe I will just do the 40's. It sounds like a good idea. I will let my tires I have now wear out and when they do, I will jump for the 40's. Seems like I will save a lot of money as well. I drive like a maniac so I will probably be acquiring the 40's quite soon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CadillacGrillz said:
i have the 40 series tires on with 24's and i wouldnt want to put em on it always hits the plastics and everything with a little bump but since i live in texas and i go to the ranch and everything i had to put em on but im actually thinking on getting the 35
Did you drop your Cadi? What parts of the fender are the tires rubbing / hitting? Is it just the front that's hitting or the rear as well?

·
Registered
42 Posts
my 03 is dropped 2/3, running goodrich kdw 305/35/24 and there are small parts of both front wheel wells that rub and it also sounds/looks like a smaller area in the right rear.

is there any harm with just letting rub or should i cut those areas out? the only thing i'm worried about cutting is the black plastic in the front left well because the windshield washer reservoir is sitting right behind it and i'm worried that the black plastic is "protecting" wheel from the reservoir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts