Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3881 - 3896 of 3896 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Can anybody tell me? I want to know how to implement an anti-theft system is CTS? I bought crashed car and want to install on my American CTS ECU and the ignition key from the European version.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice, notice any difference? I think mine are starting to get worn
Yeah I noticed a bit more stiffness in the steering because the Stienjager C6 Vette endlinks are just a bit less than 2 inchs shorter than stock front ones and only moderately shorter than stock rears. But way bulkier and seem pretty strong also very smooth balljoints but no rubber to seal them so i think they have to be lubed more often. All 4 of my stock endlinks were bad they had 125k on them plus i slammed my car about 700miles ago and at least 8k miles of Hotckis Bars working on them. Im still struggling to get the rear ones on it has been setback after setback trying to drill my rear Hotchkis bar out. Ive gone through 2 drill bits on just that alone and still have 2 more holes to go in the rear till i can get the back 2 on. It is really only drilling out all 8 holes is really a pita.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I noticed a bit more stiffness in the steering because the Stienjager C6 Vette endlinks are just a bit less than 2 inchs shorter than stock front ones and only moderately shorter than stock rears. But way bulkier and seem pretty strong also very smooth balljoints but no rubber to seal them so i think they have to be lubed more often. All 4 of my stock endlinks were bad they had 125k on them plus i slammed my car about 700miles ago and at least 8k miles of Hotckis Bars working on them. Im still struggling to get the rear ones on it has been setback after setback trying to drill my rear Hotchkis bar out. Ive gone through 2 drill bits on just that alone and still have 2 more holes to go in the rear till i can get the back 2 on. It is really only drilling out all 8 holes is really a pita.
Also be extremely careful with drilling endlink holes on rear control arms because i knicked one of my rubber axle boots on the end on an axle Hopefully i can chemically cement the boot so it keeps my axle from going down the shitter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im posting to much lately i know but i just got done withthe VMAX Iceolater install, porting and polishing my 3.6s intake manifold, and throttle body to go with my ported MAF. Here is a video with the full teardown and a quick rundown on what ive done.
https://youtu.be/yHR7oZczxQ8

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owe a 2007 CTS and want to put a new radio with navigation blue tooth and all bells and whistles, do you guys, gals know of a compatible and reliable audio system on th market. Please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 03 cats manual and the speedo goes all over the place won't stay on a constant speed.......... Any1 have or had an issue like this?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Every time I return to this forum, I am pleasantly surprised to see this threads continued growth. What started off as someone trying to decide between purchasing a CTS-V or a Z06 quickly turned into trash-talking (mostly directed at, or coming from, me) thread, that I also used to showcase my latest toy purchases. How I wasn't banned and the thread closed, is beyond me, but I gotta admit, I had a lot of fun. I'm rarely on this forum, anymore, but anytime I have something I feel is worthy of showing off, this is my first destination. So, without further ado, allow me to present a video of what has, without a doubt, given me more joy than all of my previous posts combined. This one never fails to bring a tear to my eyes, and a big sh!t-eating grin to my face. Be warned, it may have the same affect on you. This one is epic. Feel free to share my joy with others.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Every time I return to this forum, I am pleasantly surprised to see this threads continued growth. What started off as someone trying to decide between purchasing a CTS-V or a Z06 quickly turned into trash-talking (mostly directed at, or coming from, me) thread, that I also used to showcase my latest toy purchases. How I wasn't banned and the thread closed, is beyond me, but I gotta admit, I had a lot of fun. I'm rarely on this forum, anymore, but anytime I have something I feel is worthy of showing off, this is my first destination. So, without further ado, allow me to present a video of what has, without a doubt, given me more joy than all of my previous posts combined. This one never fails to bring a tear to my eyes, and a big sh!t-eating grin to my face. Be warned, it may have the same affect on you. This one is epic. Feel free to share my joy with others.

LoL ya this thread sure has been going over the years.. its also had the name of the thread changed almost weekly or daily for a while.
i havent been on here much since i sold my CTS almost 2 years ago. man i loved that car but it just got to the point that it wasnt reliable.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
wow this thread is still going!!!

siccfish.. Pro its a awesome car.
con, its not cheap to maintain.
Pro this forum has a lot of info
con, most guys like myself dont check in so its sometimes hard to sort through info and find the fixes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I need help. My rear differential basically blew up. Am I only goin to need that replaced? I have a 06cts. It’s custom though, swapped the engine to a 3.6 g6 engine. So was thinking is there a better part made to fit, bc I’ve been told I’ll just go through another gm made one.

3881 - 3896 of 3896 Posts
About this Discussion
3.9K Replies
178 Participants
Awfjr