Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3861 - 3880 of 3896 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Nice! Good luck man. A muffler delete, downpipe, intake, crushed bov, and you'll stick with cts' s and outrun some...slap a tune on that and I don't know any v6 cts it wouldn't eat...grant it the interrior is still sub par to the cts..but its a fun little car..looks kinda weird in my opinion but pretty functional for having 3 doors.

We beat the hell out of my friends as it was a lease that he did the above to and was planning on returning it back to stock before lease end...hope you don't buy his old one haha.

The Turbo is the only trim I will get if I get one. I'm going to look at one today that is the Turbo level in Black Pearl. If I end up liking it I am friends with the sales manager at the dealership it's at and I'll get the ball rolling on buying it.

I've already gotten 10 emails from the CL add about the CTS and a few friends that want it as well. I have 3 people looking at it today. I might have it sold tomorrow lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
CTS is officially sold! Will be setting up an appointment to buy the Veloster for tomorrow morning. Took it for a test drive yesterday and I can't wait to make it mine!

Looking into small things I can do to improve performance now :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
CTS is officially sold! Will be setting up an appointment to buy the Veloster for tomorrow morning. Took it for a test drive yesterday and I can't wait to make it mine!

Looking into small things I can do to improve performance now :D
Damn that was quick! Awesome man! Gonna have to make some more moon walk videos or whatever those were haha.

That list I said above is a great start. I wouldnt spend the money on an actual muffler for that car...it sounds great without one as a lot of turbo'd cars do. It even pops between shifts.

Once you get a tune you can run e40, which is a blast. My roommates 335 on e40 is like m status.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

Hello All,*
First timer on thread.Just purchased a used 2004 CTS with 116k miles.Beautiful car,we are happy with it.Bought it for my son who will soon be off to college.Noticed some misfires. After hooking up to the obd and reading codes[multiple misfires]I purchased some ignition coils from ebay for $75,replaced manifold gaskets and spark plugs....been running like a champ.Sure the coils were probably made in china... but where are OEMs made ? Mexico? So now to put in a AUX outlet.Will be looking that up next...Mike

·
Registered
457 Posts
Here she is!*

Got her with a 5 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty too!
Planning on a CAI and a catback exhaust. Might do a small tune as well, I checked with the dealership and none of those add-ons will void the warranty.
Already put almost 200 miles on her and I am loving it! Did a few laps around a roundabout or 2.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Here she is!*

Got her with a 5 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty too!
Planning on a CAI and a catback exhaust. Might do a small tune as well, I checked with the dealership and none of those add-ons will void the warranty.
Already put almost 200 miles on her and I am loving it! Did a few laps around a roundabout or 2.
Damn app won't load the pic :( I would advise doing an intercooler upgrade before you do a tune...not necessary but if you're keeping the car for a long time best to keep it as cool as possible. Turn up the boost and put that little korean man to work in there.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Damn app won't load the pic :( I would advise doing an intercooler upgrade before you do a tune...not necessary but if you're keeping the car for a long time best to keep it as cool as possible. Turn up the boost and put that little korean man to work in there.
I'm going to start out with suspension then work my way to the engine. I did install a short ram intake yesterday (Just removed the stock air box and replaced it with a cone filter)

First will be the rear torsion bar and front strut bar followed by a rigid collar kit. After that I'l going to go with a catback MBRP exhaust and get an actual SRI installed along with a oil catch can. Then a mesh front grill and a intercooler upgrade. After all that is on then I'll send the ECU out for a Stage 1 Tork tune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '04 CTS with the 3.6L v-tec. Can anyone tell me what transmission is in my car? I've been told it is a GM 4L40-E??? Apparently this is a common transmission used in many models. I need to buy one cheap, so if I knew what other cars have this transmission, I may be able to widen my search potential. Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm going to start out with suspension then work my way to the engine. I did install a short ram intake yesterday (Just removed the stock air box and replaced it with a cone filter)

First will be the rear torsion bar and front strut bar followed by a rigid collar kit. After that I'l going to go with a catback MBRP exhaust and get an actual SRI installed along with a oil catch can. Then a mesh front grill and a intercooler upgrade. After all that is on then I'll send the ECU out for a Stage 1 Tork tune.
Awesome man! Give us an update every now and then. Interested to see what numbers you make

----------

I have an '04 CTS with the 3.6L v-tec. Can anyone tell me what transmission is in my car? I've been told it is a GM 4L40-E??? Apparently this is a common transmission used in many models. I need to buy one cheap, so if I knew what other cars have this transmission, I may be able to widen my search potential. Can anyone enlighten me?
V-tec? This isn't a honda lol. But we have a 5L40-E..not 4.good luck

·
Registered
79 Posts
So i got KSport Coilovers for the 04 CTS. Right now i have the KSport rears on but i still have to do the fronts. Can anyone whos done these chime in the the total number of rumber fittings they got for their springs? Basically i didn't get any rubber fittings for the lower portion of the spring where it hits the adjustable KSport lower perch. Unless im mixing up the sketches the only rubber fittings i got are for the front coilover, maybe it's just cause the rear isn't really a coilover that skeet you on rubbers? So far it has handled fine with out anything there though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
August !
I live in a Summer Tourist town .
I met my Wife at one of the local parks today where we always walk the dogs .
I parked as far away and as alone as I could; the lot was half full .
Walking away from my car, I see a Suburban pull in right next to my baby; I think you can guess what's coming next . She opens her door, whack, she opens the back door to let her dog out; whack again .

Now if Women want equal rights I am all for that; if I could have been assured of the same feelings in her case; she would be sporting a bloody nose ! :smack:

I have babied that paint for five freakin' years; the car glows black; and NEVER have I gotten a door ding .

Now I got two; God, I love August around here .... grrrrr .

·
Registered
457 Posts
Friend that bought my CTS picked up some new wheels for her the other day. I miss her sometimes but I am definitely in love with the Veloster. Just installed a oil catch can on lunch today actually.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
anyone on here have a chevy Cruze? im looking at getting a 2012 ish 4 dr with about 60km on it for my girl this week.
tried looking at $2-5000 cars and they are all absolute crap...kinda wish i would have kept my CTS and just fixed that for her.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I've heard mixed things on them....I was looking at an 06 Jetta TDI earlier this week actually. Can't go wrong with 45mpg but they're slow as balls lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The LY7 3.6 has VVT (Variable Valve Timing) this isnt honda no vtec even though that is just a fansy way of saying it has VVT and 2 separate Cam phases that is it....
The 5L-40E transmission in the 3.6 with the Automatic is only in 2003-2008 CTS, the LY7 3.6 Pontiac G8, and the LY7 3.6 Holden Commodore.

----------

Got a new video up of the KSport Coilovers.
https://youtu.be/bzdUQzgDDuk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone with a slammed CTS looking for durable endlinks for cheap? I just picked up a set of 4 Steinjager Corvette links bout to be drilling the 10mm holes to 12mm to fit them. Id say 120bucks for 4 solid ass endlinks and a drill bit to make them fit. Forget those Powergrind 150 a pair options and those miata links that wear out in a year or maybe 2 if your lucky.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone with a slammed CTS looking for durable endlinks for cheap? I just picked up a set of 4 Steinjager Corvette links bout to be drilling the 10mm holes to 12mm to fit them. Id say 120bucks for 4 solid ass endlinks and a drill bit to make them fit. Forget those Powergrind 150 a pair options and those miata links that wear out in a year or maybe 2 if your lucky.
https://youtu.be/Czh4chfrH0c

Here's a look at the C6 Steinjager endlinks on my car i only have the front ones on so far. It gave me the opprotunity to show a side by side measurement of oem and C6 endlinks for comparison (all 4 c6 endlinks are the same). They are pretty awesome they were a bit of a hassle but after finally figuring out the exact bit (15/31 or 11.9mm bit) to use i got it done.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Nice, notice any difference? I think mine are starting to get worn

https://youtu.be/Czh4chfrH0c

Here's a look at the C6 Steinjager endlinks on my car i only have the front ones on so far. It gave me the opprotunity to show a side by side measurement of oem and C6 endlinks for comparison (all 4 c6 endlinks are the same). They are pretty awesome they were a bit of a hassle but after finally figuring out the exact bit (15/31 or 11.9mm bit) to use i got it done.

3861 - 3880 of 3896 Posts
About this Discussion
3.9K Replies
178 Participants
Awfjr