Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 3896 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I added you. I dont use instagram often but nice to scroll through some pics ocassionally.

I haven't been in quite a while...still holding at the 14.5. Ive been autocrossing a bit and that's been a blast.

Ive been parting out my 03 3.2, but im almost to my brake even point and im considering turning it into a drift car. I still have all the driveline and suspension so I may rebuild the motor and weld the dif hehe. I think with no doors, interrior, trunk, hood, ac, and the lack of body panels will be enough weight reduction to actually make it fairly quick.

Im hoping to be a little under 3000lbs when all said and done. With a sawsall special exhaust and a pvc intake, maybe get that ole 3.2 up to 240crank and have some fun.

I hear you guys on that. If you guys have instagram, you can catch me on there. I've been working on the V for the most part. Hows the 1/4 been treating you Tlorenzen?

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
If you're interested in the center for the differential, I have my old 3.73 LSD center setup. I pulled it out when I swapped to a Ford racing 8.8 in the rear with 4.10s. Just separated the case earlier today since it was damaged, but the gears and teeth are all in good shape.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Would that fit in the stock housing for the base model? I'm most likely gonna weld the 3.2 because itll make it easier to slide around, but an lsd in the 3.6 would be pretty sick.

If you're interested in the center for the differential, I have my old 3.73 LSD center setup. I pulled it out when I swapped to a Ford racing 8.8 in the rear with 4.10s. Just separated the case earlier today since it was damaged, but the gears and teeth are all in good shape.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I believe cases to be very similar. I can snap a bunch of pics if you'd like. I'd ship to you at cost of shipping if you're serious to try it out. Would be worth finding out. LSD and 3.73 gears would definitely be cool on the V6.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yeah shoot me some pics. If its easier, just send to my email. [email protected] what I'd probably do is try to put it in the case of the 3.2 that way im not tinkering with my 3.6 for a week haha. Ill hop under this weekend and see if theres any differences between the two.

Yeah going from a 3.43 rear to 3.73 would feel nice around town. I imagine rpms would probably raise 2-300 on the interstate though...I know I could calculate it but im at work haha.

I believe cases to be very similar. I can snap a bunch of pics if you'd like. I'd ship to you at cost of shipping if you're serious to try it out. Would be worth finding out. LSD and 3.73 gears would definitely be cool on the V6.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
so i know its been a while since ive been on here, but anyone in here ride?
im headin to Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia in a couple weeks, going to do abut 7 days or riding them drive home.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Hey whats up mike? Hows everything been?

T....
whats goin on OD!
did i buy your V springs a few yrs ago or was it TX?

either way.... im not sure if they were in the car when i traded it or not but i know it wasnt the eibachs.
i messed up big time and almost ripped a guy off but managed to fuind his number as soon as i noticed and got a hold of him.

so when i took the Eibach pro kit off my CTS i threw the springs in the box that the V springs came in through the mail, put some sort of stock springs on the cts and then traded it in. (shoulda taken the V sways off...competently forgot..)
Grabbed the box that the eibach springs came in (eibach branded box) and sold the springs that were in that to someone.
about 2 weeks later i was cleaning out my garage, kicked a box thinkin it was empty and it made a clunk, looked in and found the grey powdercoated eibach springs in it.... being a honest kijiji seller...i felt horrible.
so i went through emails and txt msges (i had been selling lots of old crap for cheap to make room...more into building bikes now...and looking for my next project.)
managed to get a hold of the guy and he came and got his eibach springs. he was cool about it and just glad i noticed and was honest about it.

im planing on building a harley Hardtail this summer, based off a sportster or dyna frame with a 300 wide rear and 140 front. shes gona have a full custom frame then ill be having everything professionally painted, powdercoated and ceramic coated exhaust and ill be doing the welding fabricating custom fenders and the frame and hoping she all works. (it will be my first ground u build...tear down to the frame, then cut the frame up and weld new stuff on.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Yes you did buy the springs a few years back from me. Sounds bad ass for the harley. Not real big on bikes. Good luck with it. Any of the older CTS guys still around here? I've been busy on the V and on another forum. That build sounds like its gonna be awesome\a headache at the same time. LOL

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
i havent been on here in a long time....so no clue.
sold my CTS a year ago (almost to the day) just couldnt handle not having a heater in Canadian winters, and all the other issues it was having, finally gave up, and really needed a truck so it was just the right time to get something new.
i was really close to getting a Camaro SS but then i would need to put a hitch on it and get a trailer so decided against it.

ya the harley build is going to be a bit of a chore, i still gotta find a bike to start with and everything here is overpriced so i may even have to go with a aftermarket/home built frame. hopefully its done for next summer but a lot of the metal fabrication work i have to drive 3hrs to my friends shop to do, and still have to arrange our schedules and one of his other buddies who has the frame jig.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Haha I remember when you traded in on the truck. Hows it treating ya? I'm hoping to upgrade to a low milage v1 or higher milage v2 next summer depending on how v3 slashes the v2 prices.

Keep us updated on the bike build.

i havent been on here in a long time....so no clue.
sold my CTS a year ago (almost to the day) just couldnt handle not having a heater in Canadian winters, and all the other issues it was having, finally gave up, and really needed a truck so it was just the right time to get something new.
i was really close to getting a Camaro SS but then i would need to put a hitch on it and get a trailer so decided against it.

ya the harley build is going to be a bit of a chore, i still gotta find a bike to start with and everything here is overpriced so i may even have to go with a aftermarket/home built frame. hopefully its done for next summer but a lot of the metal fabrication work i have to drive 3hrs to my friends shop to do, and still have to arrange our schedules and one of his other buddies who has the frame jig.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
truck is awesome.... just doin truck stuff with it lol

OnStar is putting a WiFi hotspot in it for free this week and 3 months free service. theres a recall on all Canadian 2014 onstar modules because of network changes (2g getting completely shut down in canada), so every canadian with OnStar is getting the upgrade for free to 4g hardware with the wifi option.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Hey Mike,
Looks you're Livin' the Dream, lol.
Is that free upgrade for just new vehicles, or all Canadians ?
dream, nightmare - hard to say lol.
ive been doing 60 hr weeks for almost 2 months, not by choice....crazy shorthanded at work.

its for all 2014's, maybe some 2013's that were sold late in the year. they are obligated to change the hardwares because of the contracts that were signed with the new vehicles. i was guaranteed basic OnStar service for 5 or 10 yrs which is the remote link app (all other services are extra charges), once all the 2g towers go down it wont be able to link with the truck so they have to put the 4g module in to be within their sales/purchase contract guidelines. the new modulehappens to be paired with new software for the touchscreen (couple extra features, not sure what yet) and the wifi module.

the more i look at that pic the more i think there is no way a camaro SS could pull my boat up my driveway....i had to use 4x4, its uphill and turns LoL

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Just got back from a 1 week motorcycle trip. went out to Nova Scotia and rode Cabot Trail.
heres a small clip of some of the road. its one of the best rated motorcycle roads in canada.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Might be selling the CTS and getting a 2010 SRX. My buddies mom hates her SRX (To much tech for her) and said I could buy it off her for what she owes on it. 72k on the clock and fully loaded, just waiting to hear from her when she gets her next statement for the amount owed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Instead of making a new thread, figured I'd just ask here as a quick question.

For the 3.6L in the CTS...is the timing chain pretty much a ticking time bomb in every car? Or does it only effect a few(the ones I come across on forums?). Looking at a used 05, 55K, but never had the chain replaced under warranty, and just a bit nervous. Thanks guys

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well I put the CTS up on Craigslist. She was a good car but I'm wanting something new now and my budget allows for more than when I first bought the CTS. I still plan on building a bass car but that will be down the road once I have a house and garage. Still waiting to hear about the SRX but I'm also looking at some other cars now, a Hyundai Veloster is top on my list right now (2013 with 30k miles for less than $15k)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well I put the CTS up on Craigslist. She was a good car but I'm wanting something new now and my budget allows for more than when I first bought the CTS. I still plan on building a bass car but that will be down the road once I have a house and garage. Still waiting to hear about the SRX but I'm also looking at some other cars now, a Hyundai Veloster is top on my list right now (2013 with 30k miles for less than $15k)
Only get the veloster if its the turbo and a manual...otherwise those cars suck...the base is soo slow and not nearly as comfortable as the caddy. However, my friend has a turbo with a few mods and loves it. I drove it and it was a blast to drive. If your looking in that market the st is also a great bargain..but a little higher priced since its newer.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Only get the veloster if its the turbo and a manual...otherwise those cars suck...the base is soo slow and not nearly as comfortable as the caddy. However, my friend has a turbo with a few mods and loves it. I drove it and it was a blast to drive. If your looking in that market the st is also a great bargain..but a little higher priced since its newer.
The Turbo is the only trim I will get if I get one. I'm going to look at one today that is the Turbo level in Black Pearl. If I end up liking it I am friends with the sales manager at the dealership it's at and I'll get the ball rolling on buying it.

I've already gotten 10 emails from the CL add about the CTS and a few friends that want it as well. I have 3 people looking at it today. I might have it sold tomorrow lol

3841 - 3860 of 3896 Posts
About this Discussion
3.9K Replies
178 Participants
Awfjr