Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there - sorry for the long winded post, I am just hoping someone with some experience can help me out. I have absolutely zero knowledge in terms of wheels/tires.

The details:

I recently received some 24” Giovanni wheels, with Nexen roadian hp tires - size is 305/35/r24, for my 2021 Escalade sport platinum.

My wheel dealer actually sent me two front wheels with 30mm offset, and 2 22mm offset, if this makes a difference, or could be cause for concern (they assured me they have been using these two sizes due to the large brakes up front).

My issue is road noise. Anything above 20 mph+, I hear a almost rotating humming/whining noise. It dies down once I come to a stop, but it is constant at speed.

I live in a very cold climate, and thought that could be an issue - our roads are terrible. That being said, I’m thinking there is some sort of issue with the tires. There is no shake or vibration - the ride is still as smooth as ever. They aren’t exactly high end, so maybe that’s it? Bad mounting/balancing? (They were done @ my local Cadillac).

Any advice or thoughts here? It drives me nuts, as this should be a quiet, luxurious ride.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,709 Posts
Tires.

Put the OEM wheels back on and you'll have the answer!

Reactions: Cool-lade

·
Registered
2021 Cadillac Escalade
73 Posts
I remember doing the tire/wheel upsizing thing and all the time and energy wasted chasing that only to end up with less smooth driving/handling vehicle. It’s just not worth compromising ride quality with OEM sizes.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,709 Posts
I remember doing the tire/wheel upsizing thing and all the time and energy wasted chasing that only to end up with less smooth driving/handling vehicle. It’s just not worth compromising ride quality with OEM sizes.
Yeap, GM puts a ton of time into testing vehicle dynamics and tire selection is a uuuuge part of this process. They would never install a noisy tire on a Cadillac.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeap, GM puts a ton of time into testing vehicle dynamics and tire selection is a uuuuge part of this process. They would never install a noisy tire on a Cadillac.
Really appreciate the replies thus far - totally understand stock is stock, for a reason - I’m just scratching my head, as this is a very common wheel/tire size combo I have seen put on numerous Escalades, with zero issue - I’m stumped. Alignment issue with the bigger set up? Bad tires?

Driving me nuts.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Really appreciate the replies thus far - totally understand stock is stock, for a reason - I’m just scratching my head, as this is a very common wheel/tire size combo I have seen put on numerous Escalades, with zero issue - I’m stumped. Alignment issue with the bigger set up? Bad tires?

Driving me nuts.

Thanks again!
Its probably your transfer case freaking out. I wounder if the dealer can change wheel settings. Different offsets maybe causing additional issues too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would get the nexem tires off of it. I have never been A fan of them.

Reactions: NorthDakotan

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,709 Posts
Some tires are noisier than others

·
Registered
1 Posts
what are you doing with your stock wheels?
Hey there - sorry for the long winded post, I am just hoping someone with some experience can help me out. I have absolutely zero knowledge in terms of wheels/tires.

The details:

I recently received some 24” Giovanni wheels, with Nexen roadian hp tires - size is 305/35/r24, for my 2021 Escalade sport platinum.

My wheel dealer actually sent me two front wheels with 30mm offset, and 2 22mm offset, if this makes a difference, or could be cause for concern (they assured me they have been using these two sizes due to the large brakes up front).

My issue is road noise. Anything above 20 mph+, I hear a almost rotating humming/whining noise. It dies down once I come to a stop, but it is constant at speed.

I live in a very cold climate, and thought that could be an issue - our roads are terrible. That being said, I’m thinking there is some sort of issue with the tires. There is no shake or vibration - the ride is still as smooth as ever. They aren’t exactly high end, so maybe that’s it? Bad mounting/balancing? (They were done @ my local Cadillac).

Any advice or thoughts here? It drives me nuts, as this should be a quiet, luxurious ride.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
2022 C8 Z51/LT3 and 2022 Escalade ESV
358 Posts
I have oversized wheels on all of my cars and SUVs. The noise is the tire. If you read through the reviews on Discount Tire and TireRack.com you can see which tires have low road noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts