Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys currently i have a 2002 escalade with 20'' spinners, and im going to tomowrow to pick up my 07' escalade. i got the factory 18's because im going to be upgrading the wheels regardless, but here is where i need your help......im trying to decide if i should purchase 22's or 24's for the truck.....i know that the whole purpose behind getting rims for your truck is to stand out, but since the new 07-08 escalade comes with 22's i think that everyone and thier moms are going to have them....anyways is thier a big difference between 22's and 24's interms of driveability and looks? are the 24's going to make a huge difference in terms of steering and breaking instead of the 22's......i test drove a 07' with 22's and it seemed very easy and perfect, are the 24's going to be drastically different driveability wise......i have a friend that does tires/wheels and he told me that the difference between 22's and 24's is very negligible, but as soon as you go to 26's its very different.......

in terms of looks are the 24's that much better looking vs. the 22's......any advice and pictures of 22's vs. 24's would be helpful........thanks always

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
he told me that the difference between 22's and 24's is very negligible, but as soon as you go to 26's its very different.......

in terms of looks are the 24's that much better looking vs. the 22's......any advice and pictures of 22's vs. 24's would be helpful........thanks always

Your friend is right, 24's will look much better and you'll notice that it hugs the road better as well.

Here's mie on 24's

Good Luck.

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn those are good looking trucks...its going to put my 2002 to shame, and its served me well...wheres the best place online to get very good competitive pricing on wheels

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
24"s!! i'd personally go with 26"s... but definalty 24"s over 22"s

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
It depends on where you live and drive, 24's ride rougher than 22's (of course depending on the tire profile size), if you live in the south or the southwest you will not have a problem, if you like in the northeast you have to be careful, many of my wax customers with 24's and 26's had a bad time with wheel damage problems due to the poor roads. :)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I spent a lot of time in Chicago, are you planing on getting different wheels for the winter with good traction tires? The roads get pretty bad by spring time out there.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
alright guys currently i have a 2002 escalade with 20'' spinners, and im going to tomowrow to pick up my 07' escalade. i got the factory 18's because im going to be upgrading the wheels regardless, but here is where i need your help......im trying to decide if i should purchase 22's or 24's for the truck...........

Go with a clean and simple 24" rim that doesnt way 10,000 pounds. Keep away frrom the full face dinner plate rims. It the 24" is not a super heavy rim, it should drive fine.

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i definately have another set of winter rims for all my cars........with the appropreiate winter tires......and for thoose of you wondering about rims i want to go with some tis 07's or or some giovanna gellos....you know the multi spoke rims.....

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
7 Posts
Personally I think if you want the larger wheels you should go with the larger wheels. It is always cheaper to downgrade than upgrade.
Wheels keep getting bigger and bigger - just like tattoos and plastic surgery people just want more and more!!!
In my opinion 26" wheels look the best and 24"s are almost as good looking. Here is a close up of our EXT dropped on 24's - lowering a vehicle usually makes the wheel look bigger because of the minimized wheel well gap.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
7 Posts
Thanks!! Its a CORSA Sport system... the most popular from CORSA is the Touring system though. We have an Avalanche that is SUPER loud with the sport system and high flow cats.

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why tis over giovanna? the 3 rims im deciding between are the tis 07's the giovanna sette and the giovanna gellos

1 - 20 of 26 Posts