Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 with 22 chrome and I live in Minneapolis so i am going to remove the for winter. Am i wrong to think I can put any other size on without reprograming as long as the width and od are the same? I was going the 18 chrome route for winter but I think they rust as well.

Does anyone know of a rim that would stand up to salt bettetr than chrome? I was thinking an aluminum rim option off another gm or after market?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have been running stock chrome 18's for the winter on both 07's, I use 275/65/18 Revo tires, and they are the same size as the stock 22's (32.07 vs 32.09 diameter) My trucks are in deep snow most of the winer in upstate NY, my wheels after the 3rd season still look very good but the salt is starting to show wear, of course I got 2 sets of wheels (8) from E-Bay for $400.00 shipped, so they owe me nothing at this point. Putting 20's on the 09' for the winter to clear the big Baer brakes, just looking for 20's now. If you "wax" your wheels real good and keep them clean when you can this will help them hold up better, my 20's will be black finish

·
Registered
escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are the same size as 22s are you still having to reprogram to go with the 18's and Revos? Or are you only doing that for the air sensors.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Just the tire sensors, and they took that option out in the 09' models :( , wating to see if they put it back so my reset tool will work, if not a trip to the dealership every time I change wheels :(

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I think that ideally, 22s summer, and the 18 NON-chromes for the winter. If I buy mine at lease end, I will get some 22s and use my 18 chromes as winter, understanding that they will not look great after several more years.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
76 Posts
Just the tire sensors, and they took that option out in the 09' models :( , wating to see if they put it back so my reset tool will work, if not a trip to the dealership every time I change wheels :(
Carl, what reset tool do you use on your 07's? A Tech II or something else. Can't we also reset with manual pressure drop or add one wheel at a time?

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
Can't we also reset with manual pressure drop or add one wheel at a time?
Yes, sticky at the top. I have never tried it myself, as it sounds like a hassle.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
I recently replaced my 18s with 22s, and dont really need the 18s anymore. I put an ad in the classifieds under Escalade parts for sale, but they are chrome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts